Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Got Me To Thinkin'

I came across an article this week related to "raising teens" and the emotional rollercoaster that comes along with it. 

Article found here


I've renamed it simply because when you really stop and think about it, it doesn't just pertain to teens.

It pertains to each and every one of us.

Although I CAN'T STAND glitter, this analogy was so simply put, and really amazing.



They used to say, breathe it out.

Take a walk.  (not always possible)
Walk away.  (not always possible)

I am a reactor.  I am the girl that will punch first, think second.  Someone jump out to scare me? Watch out.  Someone accidentally bump me?  Watch out.  I don't hit, but man, my face tells all. 
HAHAHA!!!

I've learned throughout my years, and most recently lately, that my reaction can be so hurtful.
Words that spew from my lips can have long lasting effects to another's mind. 

Bill is way different than me. He quietly boils.  He stirs, and he brews.  As a matter of fact, I've never seen him lose his shit in public. EVER.  Now, to me, that's another story. lol. He's human, so the one you love and the one that spits mud your way, you'll eventually spit back. 
He is the most patient, and kind human in that aspect.  

I, on the other hand, am a reactor.
They say couples balance each other out, right?

Lately, I feel as though I am becoming numb to life's lemons.  I am becoming almost used to the bullshit that continues to come at us.  It's not even surprising anymore.

It's just "okay, chin up move forward"...

Monday we'd land back in the docs office for Kris.  He's fighting off yet another "somethin'" and this mom generally attends to get the right answers, request the right tests', and always always will walk beside him in those places.  Ironically enough, the receptionist at Cerritos Kaiser, remembered him from 3+ years ago, as he was going back and forth for appointments because as he told her "I feel like I am dying of aids".   Meanwhile he rolled in and out of that place for 3 days with platelets dropping at a death door rate.  AWFUL!   
When we leave those places, especially there, the pep in his step is almost infectious.  I'm right there with you baby.  Check in, check through-it, check out.  


For as long as I am here, I will walk by your side. 



The snow globe.

Giving the moments needed to diffuse what could be a bomb. 

This doesn't just happen with teenagers.

It happens with you. It happens with me.

It's life.

It's how we let the glitter fall, and how long do we take to respond.

I hope this article is helpful to you.

Which reminds me of the little plastic snow globes we had as children. I would drift away in fantasyland, pretending I was in there.  ha!  Seriously, do you remember those little plastic ones?
My great grandma Drennon had a counter filled when we were kids.  I would shake, stare and dream. 




How'd ya sleep last night?  Toss and turn, or crash an burn....

I wrestled with sheets.  


But I'm alive, and able.





This Mama Lisa-

Gonna learn to shake a snow globe and move on!



No comments: