Monday, August 31, 2015

Switching Places

This morning I had all intentions of pulling my world together for work.  When working a family business, you find small things, are really big things. Like not having your side kick best sales dude around to help with what he always has.  Calls, people, support and such.  My world that deals with taxes, payroll, utilities, and tons of emails and daily duties that make a business run in such an average day to day way.
Nothing else matters to me right now but to get my boy better.
However, a responsibility is on me to keep things running so we all survive as well.

This morning I spoke with Kris right when I woke up and he said he had a rough night of no sleep.  They were in his room for a few hours trying to pull blood from his port, and pretty much just doing what they do to keep things going.

I pulled up to the building like I owned the place.  Parked in the front with Bucksie in tow, and delivered a breakfast burrito.  As I walked in to see his smiling dimple, I could also see and feel he was uneasy.
As we began to talk, his lip quivered and he began to cry.  Of course I tried to stay strong, but the words melted out of our mouths.  His once again words "Mom, if I don't live through this, at least I can say I've had a pretty good life, and have seen things that so many people never got the chance to see"-  I have met some of the nicest people, and have been treated very well"
I just don't want to go through so much and not make it.
"YOU WILL make it Kris"-  we have to fight. 

I knew I had to get going.
My immediate text went out to Wayne to see if he could go sit with him.
Later I received a text from Kris that his port is bleeding, and he has an infection on his ankle causing them to halt treatment until the antibiotics can start to work.

It's these little set backs.
It's the fear that I want to run from.
I can't.

Today Bill sits with him, and will help ease his worries.  If not that, maybe they can talk car talk.
Or fish talk.  Or whatever.

I still can't believe my baby is there.  If I could switch places with him to make him feel all right.


Pray for him, everyone. 

Lisa

No comments: