Tuesday, August 25, 2015

The Day Our World Stood Still

A post with no pictures. But a post with lots of information. More information that I would never in a million years think I would ever have to share.

For the last few weeks Kris has been under the weather. Nothing a normal virus would offer, but ill non the less.
Shortening the story after a series of different blood tests we were called last Wednesday evening to get to the ER immediately.

From that hour of being told a normal persons blood platelets are I a range of 230ish, his dropped daily from that to 80ish, 40ish to Wednesday at 18. That very reason made him sit in a room as oncologists, ER physicians, nurses admitting nurses expressed the idea that "we would be here a while". The next day Kris went through a series of chest X-rays, bone marrow biopsy, cat scans, more blood work that a normal person would do in ten tears. And most of all, a series of intense scans.

Kris was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoid Leukemia. What went from a shocking night that made a Mom and Son lock eyes of the most intense fear is a nightmare we aren't soon waking up from.
His treatment will begin most likely tomorrow because his platelets are too low for a port. It will be intense. It will be a long duration. We have so much faith in our team of doctors. We have a family vine like no other. Our circle of friends is a blossoming flower. It's like a bouquet that just keeps evolving.  As of this morning he has expressed his fatigue and need for rest. He is fearful yet ready.

I've been blogging for 7 years and crave posting happy loving good times. Times we shared that offered love, food, wine, boating, fishing, my babies, our grand-Doggo Buckie Boy, our friends, family and most important the bond I share with my birdies.

The chapter has been flipped to the most fucked up page I wish to ever write. Much less read later. So for now, my blog will include this fight for and with my boy. I will research more about something I never fathomed would walk into our lives. The outcome will be for the best. If you choose to reach out to me, email me at surfers4peace@aol.com. I will do everything under the sun and the moon to find the best of the best for him. I told him that with a promise. Just as the day I birthed him. I made a promise to protect him from all things bad. This is bad.

Pray if you will. Love as you do. And don't ever take today for granted.  I watch him lay here in his hospital bed smiling at me to keep me strong.
Kris deserves the world. He deserves to get back on a boat. With a pole and rod in his hands.
Sunshine on his cheeks.

It just might take a year to get there.

May we all walk in peace. And love.

There is so much to cover, yet I'm just covering the bases. I'm very sure you can only imagine this nightmare.

With love, and strength as we walk through the darkest days, we can do it.

This Mama Warrior
Lisa





No comments: