Thursday, August 27, 2015

Port In.

A full day of waiting on Tuesday for yet another procedure. At this point, each procedure looks like a mountain of flurry up to, and yet he walks through it like a champ. Each day his platelets dropped down to 6. Normal range should be 230ish. When platelets drop that low, the risk of bleeding is the concern. I've noticed his body looks pale and frail. After they infused him twice on Tuesday they finally did the Port Insert at 5. As they prepped him to head to the procedure room, the look of fear was apparent and yet, he took it like a champ. Smiles and quick kisses, he was off. Upon returning he was so happy to see Jen. I could also feel his exhale relief that another "hill" had been taken down. As a parent, you know the feeling on our babies faces.

Wednesday morning we thought would be the start of Chemo. After a long day of more waiting and more tests, they finally had the Chemo nurse come to start the procedure. With no prior experience in this field, I just continued to ask questions, and make him feel as comfortable as possible. The whole set up took about an hour. Once they started the infusion, we felt he would be fine. At about 30 minutes in his body started to convulse with a reaction and the puking began. My Aunt Annette (nurse) Bill and Jen stayed while I stepped out for comfort from any nurse I could find. My sweet Kali had moved further down the hall in tears.

After a couple of doses of Demerol he slipped into a quiet peaceful sleep. I left for home first with Kali and Bill soon came home. Once Bill knew he was settled and had answers of peace for me.
Soon a text came in from our boy and he said "guys I'm better now" and before bed another that read "Night momma I feel fine, see you tomorrow"
In the morning Jen texted me and said "he chatted with the chemo nurse until midnight"

I'm back here bedside today with a mask on. Kali is down at the Hematology center being tested for HOPEFULLY a match with her big brother.

I remain the vigilant mama warrior full of hope and faith that this year will be one to close out with awesome outcomes.

Right now visiting will be monitored by nurses and us, because his white counts have dropped.

This mask I wear will someday be a long distant memory...

Pray for him. Pray for Kali and our entire family. WE will get through it.

Jen has been a rock like no other. And for that.....I owe her the world.

Love is love, faith keeps us going, but the bond and tie of a family is something never to be altered.

Give big hugs to you and yours. Live for today.

This Warrior Mama Lisa- So crazy to blog from my ipad. And the typos? Well...it is what it is...







No comments: