Monday, July 27, 2015

Check. 1.2.3. Check. Check.

My slobbery cry baby post from last week never fully received the editing, and attention it deserved.
So just imagine that emoji of the monkey covering its eyes.  That's me.  Sorry. Not sorry.

---------------------------------------------------------------> Recap from Havasu one week later. Here you go kids-


Imagine this:  My third time arriving to Havasu this summer with Shark Week packed in my bag. So obviously I did what any wonderful female would do, I put on the biggest and best smile I own and made the best of it.  Pencils, papers and advil stocked to the brim, off I went. Out onto the horizon of a beautiful lake. If this kind of talk makes you feel awkward like a teen in high school, well back away now.  Fair warning I told myself.  Fair warning.  Any and all thoughts and things that flow from your head, are purely blameable on le'hormonezzzzz.


The lower temps and perfect sunshine patted my aching lower back affirming that at least the weather would cooperate if my body didn't get the memo.  Although humidity lingered in the air, I wasn't gonna let anything step in my way.  Especially things like frizzy hair and sticky bloated skin. 

The day was perfect.  After realizing that our friends were launching the same day. We all smiled with the idea of lunch up at The Springs.  And if NOT lunch, well than a good cocktail.
Hello "Big Stick"-  After launching at what now is my favorite launch ramp- The Marina- We blasted out like two little bandits.  (note: We used to launch at the Islander but it fell out of our budget, and so this mama had to re-learn dealing with the general public drunkassholepeople which caused me huge anxiety at Windsor ramp) shout out to The Marina for what seems to be a lack of assholes at least for now.
 With these fellers chasing our tails.  Because our boat is faster than theirs. Way faster.HAHAHA!!!
#rufflethemfeathers



 After Springs, Bill and I decided to sneak into a little cove for the lunch we packed.  And by packed, I mean a pre-made sandwich from Campbell's Gas Station.  Which by the way was yummily delicious. 
We soon jetted back to the channel to do what channel people do.  Sit and stare.  Sip and stare.  Sit and stare.  You name it.  It's there.  No bars held. 
At about this hour into our day we spot big white clouds, darker clouds, and wind. For my Havasunian rebel friends they might just stick it out. But I was like. um. let's. go.  Over to the ramp we went. Boat out and home bound we were.  I wanted to shower and lay down for a minute to rest my wicked bod.  He on the other hand was on the hunt for a good time.  Dinner plans with Sean and Lorie at Cha-Bones.  A shuttle picking us up with beers in hand.  I rallied like a rally monkey- I know. I sound so whiny.   I planted myself at my favorite little spot up at the bar.  Ordered the best Cabernet they have, and proceeded to sip. And sip. And smile. And sip.  As the night went on and my plate of ribs was stuffed deep in the heart of my belly, it was all I could do but not beg for a ride back home.  It's rainy out. I feel like crap.  I have on white shorts that I feel so pretty in but was sarcastically reminded by my partner "isn't that like a no-no thing to do is wear white shorts"- When I instantly wanted to say no shit Sherlock...I JUST WANT TO FEEL PRETTY---- And so.....I sat there sipping my wine. Cheesy grin turned on high.

Soon we were scooped back up by that same shuttle to deliver us to another CLUB.  A Country Bar CLUB of sorts that is the new popular gig in Havasu.  You see, I didn't want a CLUB. I wanted my bed.  I wanted my safe haven of home. To listen and smell the rain in my miseries of cramps, lower back ache and white shorts.

After an hour of standing there watching all the happy dancers twirl their cowboys and cowgirls, I finally claimed "I'm outta here"- 
Bill surprisingly followed.

I was sure to apologize to our buddies for my rare form later.

Saturday morning as we woke. Our ideas took hold to organize and clean.  
Later we'd decide it was either a drive home that day, or swing by Foxes on the river for lunch. 
With Alerts and Alarms beeping the radio and our phones of potential flash floods and thunder and lightening that threatened to take shelter. 

We did just that. 

At Foxes.  On the river.  In a metal covered bar.  With music, people and cocktails.  Ain't no worry for the wicked....RIGHT?!
RIGHT!!!!!?????


       Foxes, you never disappoint.  Ever. Even when lightening strikes could be seen in the distance. 




When you spy your son's brand in a familiar place, on an unfamiliar human's head....
Wet money hung to dry.....
Soon, one by one of the original river people started to make their way down to the bar....but first, his sister Vicki!


His other sister Joni!


And that concluded yet another fun filled, shark week, wet monsoon, bad ass weekend at the river. 


This past weekend was sprinkled with a little bit of this

 Another record fish for this dude.



 Frizzy hair don't care.
 Shaka brah


Kris, you need glasses dude?!

A pure reminder that no plans turn out to be the best plans. 

Last minute "hun you wanna go cook breakfast for my Dad and take "White Fin" out for a run?"

Yes, babe...Let's. 

As each kid texted me "Mom what's your guys' plans for the day?"  My reply pulled them to our shore.

It was a beautiful day on the water, and in the sunshine.


"Keep your face always towards the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you"

I hope you all have a super week.  I hope it's filled with nice people. Good vibes, and no sharks in the water. 

If so, don't wear white shorts. 
Or, wait.  Wear em. Screw it. 


Big Big LOVE!

Lisa Lynn
The girl that LOVES...The Ocean and The Lake!

No comments: