Tuesday, July 21, 2015

And while I continue to clear my desk....

I'll tell you a secret......

I am thisclose to losing my passion for le'blog.  The only thing that keeps me going is looking back in my photo rear view mirror.  And if it weren't for the constant reminders, I might just take a back seat to this little space of mine.  A constant reminder for sure, are the good times.  The happy faces. The moments sitting on grass on a blanket that makes my soul feel like I belong there, which brings me here.  The music that plays in the background that keeps me going.  The friends that hug my neck as I approach for yet, another fun summer of just doing "things".   So as I shake myself back to reality and give one big kick in the ass to shark week.  I leave you with this.  

Last week. 

 Seal Beach Concert at the pier-

Classic Rock. 

A place to watch kids twirl to music that is unfamiliar yet just as moving. 
A place to catch smiling faces from neighbors, friends and family.
A place to let a crazy idea like dance to every song until the last set is done. 
A place to sip wine in the presence of friends. 
A place to see the same familiar face you've seen just weeks ago at another local event. 

The smiles. 
The love.
The laughter.
And the fun. 

Music makes life more fun. 

Black and White and White and Black, yo.

 We snuck away to Havasu the next day, and to say it was one crazy ass silly wild trip is an understatement. 

I'll post some pictures hopefully tomorrow when I don't feel so cooped up at my deskola that I wish I could retire in the trashola.  But it pays the bills, so I must keep shuffling. 
Every day I'm hustling'..............HA! (except this day on the lake before one hellaova monsoon hit)


To all you mothers, and fathers, and workers and hustlers. 

Don't look back.  And don't ever regret saying no. Or saying yes.  To like dancing. Or hugging. Or kissing. 
Or day drinking.  Just make sure your desk is clear. 

boom. 

This Mama Lisa 

PS. Happy Belated Birthday to my beautiful cousin Andrea.  My beautiful friend Donna Anderson whom has a twin at the LBYC, and to my awesome, beautiful and tenaciously strong Aunt Susie!

No comments: