Thursday, January 30, 2014

Time for winter....

Although us Southern Cali people enjoy sunshine all year long, there's a bracket of people that love rain.
I specifically love the rain on certain days...especially if plans are not being rained on. ha. 
At this point, rain is becoming the topic of seriousness right now.
We need rain more than anything.  We just do.
Our lakes are dropping, and rivers are drying up.
I can go on and on, but we all know that this Earth survives on natural processes.
The word Drought alone, just speaks trouble for just about everyone. 
Especially our beautiful country.   I won't go into how cities will try to squeeze from your very beautiful wallet.  Or the sweet cattle up in our Central Coast that is bearing down on the financial strain for farmers.
Agriculture suffering....on and on. 



So, as funny as it may sound, it's time for a rain dance.  Who's bringing the Fireball?

Or better yet...pray for rain sugar plums.  Pray for rain.


Pictures like this make me sit back, and rest my eyes-  Can you imagine the sounds here?
You know I read poems, and little scriptures often.  Few catch me.  The funny ones always catch me.
But when I read things about slowing down to notice the little things, tis is true.  We are in the rat race right now.
Building our lives, building our forts.  Trying to survive while we take care, and guide others.

What I like to find, are happy things, and happy people.

I think rain will bring the best out of us California people this weekend.  Bring it Mother Earth. Bring it.


Today I will visit the dentist for a long dreaded appointment.  Because I am super scared of the dentist, when I go, all shit hits the fan.

Pray for rain.  Pray for me.

Peace and big sprinkles to you all. And your cars.  And your frizzy hair.


ps.  I seriously can't wait to hear rain on my house top, while I sip coffee, and wiggle my toes.

Come through weather man and chick.  Come on.

boom.


L

No comments: