Friday, January 24, 2014

Well, our favorite day...

Happy Friday lovers. 

Something I learned about Maui while there was the term "Aloha"-  It's meaning is relayed as peace, compassion, mercy and love. It is so heartfelt there.  I snapped this picture while in a small town called Paia-  It is the cutest little hippie town I ever did see.  It's shops are laced with all things laid back, and warm.  I bought a hibiscus silver toe ring, that the shop owner slipped on my finger looking toe, ha.  And we strolled in and out of these cute little shops.  But beyond the shopping, there was a vibe that I liked.  There were hippies walking the streets that had the stank odor of B.O; but beyond those hippies was a friendly town.  A town of which made the word Aloha come alive.  And nothing rings prettier in my ears than kind love, and peace shown to others. It will always make this world a better place.
And if you think about this for a second, it all starts with us.  It does.  Kindness, and forgiveness are what make up the "Aloha" in this crazy, wild, selfish, and competitive world. 
It's truly amazing to me how this life can be so challenging.  With our bodies speaking a hard language to us.
At times we feel the urge to curl up in a ball and hide.  While other days we step out with a vigorous glory to change the world.  I see it.  I feel it. There are days that I feel like covering the world in all my love and kindness, while other days IMTHISCLOSE  to displaying my middle finger on each knucklehead I come in contact with.  Truth be told. I hate the feeling.  I do. And I do know that hormones, and stress play a leading role in those changes.  
If we can all just remind eachother that those flipping the bird days will pass, and the sun will shine down on our souls sooner than later, it helps.
When I see friends and family battling grief like you can't even imagine, it's enlightening.
It really wakes things up.
Look around.  Is it really that bad?  Can it get harder, and worse?  You bet it can.
Can we change things to make it better?  Sometimes, just sometimes you can.  Sometimes, life and stress, and lack of sleep, and a mind that wonders gets the best of us.  It does.


But it will pass.  The sun will shine.  I promise you.  Keep going.  Don't give up.  And remember to spread "Aloha"-

It comes back around.  It does.

The ugly people will be there.  And I don't mean vanity.

But it's up to you to make that change.

With a simple smile-

Go spread some love this weekend lover faces.

Have a good laugh.  Take a long walk.

If you're close to the beach, go check out the waves.  Big sets coming in from Aloha land....

Happy Weekend kids...
I will be out playing, workin' and admiring hot rods, and hot cars.

Love and peace to you all,


ps.  Snapple fact of the day :  A duck can't walk without bobbling his head.  aww.  So cute-

Umm, and I think pigeons fall under that swag too.  Those fellers are a funny kind...

Some beautiful listening tunes for you ladies...or gents.  Some music filled with love, and kindness. You're welcome. 

Enjoy.....
L

No comments: