Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When the sun shines...

Last Friday morning I dropped Bill off at the airport for a quick trip to Scottsdale.  Barrett Jackson bound he was...
Where the cars are jaw dropping, and the sounds and smells can light the place up with it's own energy. Well, if you ask me.  My only text to him that evening was..."can you hear and smell horsepower"-  Simple answer.  Yep. 
Lucky feller he was.  Not to mention he was placed in the first class arena while there.
Because he's on my team to document every journey we travel around on, he sent me these. 



I missed him. Those quick moments in time.  He'd be right back. But I missed him.


Friday night was planned to spend it watching my beauty of a niece dance.  And dance they did.
After enjoying some Thai food and a couple glasses of vino...our seating process was everything silly perfect.
My sister and I had some great laughs that night.  Over several different things.  I haven't laughed that hard in a while.  And nothing lights me up more than to laugh so hard, I cry.  With the ugly face, can't talk..laugh.  Man, I still laugh thinking about it.  Thank you sister Tina.  Thank you...







Can't believe she is eighteen.  I mean, come on.

Saturday was a day of planning. Some sharp planning in the sunshine.  Kayaks, paddle boards, and dock sitting also helped in planning our girls' Senior Trip.
It's a funny complicated little trip.  A trip that involves about 15 Senior Girls-

One of the funniest parts of this planning, was explaining to our girls that traveling internationally would under no circumstance happen without their parents.  

Life has a funny way of unfolding itself.  Like the older you get the smarter you become. Like the younger you are, you think you know everything.  Like...this would under no way pan out that we'd allow Kali to travel abroad without her parent(s)-  At least for the first shot in travels.  It ain't happening...
The paths that are laid out for them seem easy at first.  They really do.  But there is so much more behind the scenes of what will indefinitely unfold.  Life is gonna become very serious, very fast.  Travels, to celebrate graduating is an honor.  It's also a gift. 


The conversation was a good one.  It helped us understand their tender requests of fun, meanwhile we tapped back on their shoulders about the firm grip of safety, and responsibility, and the word "privilege" played the leading role.
We all must agree.  That yes, we will ghost chapperone.  If these plans are liked, or become the popular choice, that's fine.  I can also guarantee that our plans will always be the safer choice.  They will be the smart choices in their favor. 

And I can guarantee that these girls will thank every Mama bone in our bodies of these days.  And trips.  And dances, and planning.  
So while we planned, and kayaked, and sipped silly water, the sun shone down on us.  That glorious day will go down as more of our chapter planning.  More school memories together.  Because soon, as we all sat around the table discussing....these days will disappear...up into the air.  Our girls will be in different schools, our Mama hood will be held together by strings, as we try to stay in touch, and hold on to eachother as we mentor our way through the next phases in their, and our lives...
To some this may seem like second nature.  As in, let's all just watch it unfold.

It's unfolding real fast.
I am stoked, yet I am scared.  I am happy, yet I am nervous.
This college planning stuff is big, yet over rated.
I find it challenging, yet a competition.
The graduating seniors are honored, yet spoiled.

Sunday morning rolled around, and I watched the clock before picking up my lover.
After arriving back home to our spot on the dock...

Sunday Selfies-
As we sat on the dock, catching each other up with our previous hours....we hear these guys off in the distance..."Will you pull us out?"
To this fine feller.


Note to the newbie out there boating : When the tide is low, and you see mud....Never ever...let  me repeat, EVER take the inside of the green bouy.  Ever.

We watched this boat go from tilting in the water, to completely beached on the mud.  We watched all the boat towing companies come and go.

And just like in this life...we watch the tide come in and the tide go out....

Time means everything.


Right?


Happy Humpday Lover heads....

Pray for our babies as they embark on finals, and parenting that involves fun Senior Trip planning.


Boom.

Love, and big wishes for rain.  No, seriously.


This Mama Lisa

No comments: