Monday, January 13, 2014

Like a flash...

Saturday's ritual of Winter Formal prep was so laid back.  For some reason, it just was.
We woke to beautiful sunny skies.
I worked on more college stuff, while Kali just chilled.  It felt different from years past.  It just did. 
The flurry just wasn't there.  We knew we had appts to get to.  The lay out was the same.  Same places, yet so different.  And for that I am so thankful.
I snapped NOT one picture of her at hair, and makeup.  Talk about odd.
And it didn't even dawn on me until she was getting dressed.

Senior year brings a whole new outlook.  So ready for the night...So prepared, and humble.  So seasoned, and so chill.
Arriving at the park...which to me is so overrated....this is what I see in the distance..

This years group size was 44- Yep, that's right, double that...and then imagine the hostess house setting up for this.  Ha!
So I finagled  my way over after pictures..."to help"-
But before doing so, we took a thousand pictures.  In the setting of a dirty duck pond, and bird poop.
With her Dad behind the lens....and tucked far away in the distance....
Because I had my big ol' lens on....
In case you were wondering why the most important people are cut out of this shot. 
Featuring...."The back sides of the important people"-  Yes, I failed.  I do love this shot of her seeing Brandy. Gio's sister took tons of pictures too, so we'll wait to be inspired by those soon.
If you could have been perched in a tree, you would of seen me juggling an I-pad, camera, phone, flowers, boxes, and my purse.  Funny stuff kids. 


Senior Year, last Winter Formal 2014


Owww.  oh, bird mudpoop. 




I love this shot.  In so many ways.  Just perfect.

"Let's get on with this night girls"

Yes, lets.

Meanwhile, just a little more south, my sister and beauty of a niece Tori...on the Seal Beach Pier.
Those sneaky Mama Helpers.

Famous candy bar...

This years theme was "Circus"- 

The dinner lay-out brought to you by, Buca Di Beppo.   Yum!  As we were setting the food out, these poor kids were like lingering sharks.....especially the girls...STARVING!

As Shelly, Roxanne and I stood outside in the Foyer, we see these two dudes walk into the library.  After seating themselves, proceed to play this machine like there wasn't a tomorrow.  LOVE.  LOVE, this! Gave me chills.  And tears. ha. 





Soon I'd pack up my bags to leave.  Taking another ten or so pictures.  I kissed our kiddo's goodbye.  Gave a few more hugs to my friends.  Prayed as I walked to my car.
Wished big wishes for a fun night, begged Kali to take more pictures.

And I was off.

Both kids got home at close to 3am.

Bam.  There you have it.  Winter Formal 2014-  Like a flash, it's all done.

Now go kick some ass this week kids.  Let's do this.

Not feeling it today? That's ok, maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Watch out for the full moon.  Peeking around the corner at us.  Take a deep breath, and don't take things personal.

Just smile, and walk away.  Or disconnect that ze-phone call.


Big love, and peaceful wishes to you.

Mama Lisa


No comments: