Thursday, January 23, 2014

Of course....

This week is "Finals" week.  For Chapter Seventeen girl, it's a stressful week.  It's one of those weeks that fall under her most enduring, mind boggling weeks.  She works extremely hard for good grades.  She studies until the wee hours.  She sits at that kitchen table, and I watch flash cards make their way from the top to the bottom, to the side, and on the floor. I find them in the bathroom, and on the kitchen counter.  I find them in her room, and along side her books that stray on the little living room floor.  I watch kitties walk over them, and a brother that picks them up, and puts them back on top of the table. The table where it all starts.
I've paid for tutoring, and watched her pull away to meet her study groups at Panera Bread with her home girls. I see heavy books get moved around, and stacked on our desk, and table at home like domino's that have fallen over and over again.  I won't mention her book bag, purse and wallet that never seem to make it back into her room. 
She is moving mountains.  And along the way, just a tad bit stressed.  Because transcripts will be transferred...sooner than later.
What I found this morning made me smile in the dim lit kitchen.  Sitting right next to my coffee brewing was this note.  What I thought was cute, was her request with a PLEASE.  Would, or have I ever even gave a notion to decline her breakfast?  Funny girl.  But the funniest that ran through my head was the transition of this note.  She studied. She nibbled on snacks to hold her over, I am quite sure...I noticed her granola on the table...
In walks her brother, at probably 11pm.
Finds this note.  And leaves his mark. All in fun, of course.
In walks Mom at 5am.
Laughter shed from my lips.
I love this stuff.

All of it.  Does she really have to put PLEASE? ha!
And suck balls?  haha. omg.

Funny stuff.  I say suck balls all the time, but to see it on paper....hahaha!

A beautiful breakfast was made.  Veggie eggs, with organic fruit, and yes, peanut butter toast...her fav.

On with the day we went.

The latest beauty to capture my thoughts and eyes?

These wonders. 7 foot swells in Seal Beach? Unheard of, and badass.

Guess we all know where our evening will be spent.


 

Happy Thirsty Thursday lover faces.

Keep your chin up.  YOU are worth it.

Dust the sand off those knees, and keep on going.

Remember the hard, sad days will pass.  The tough survive.  Just carry good tissue for those weak moments.

Peace and good waves to you brah.

Leese

No comments: