Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Those simple days.

Sunday morning as we awoke, I was so happy that several things were complete, and safe times were had.

I made it through Christmas.

I made it through New Years.

I battle depression during the sweetest of holiest seasons.

I just do.

And I hate it.  With a pointed passion. I hate it.

I mean, who else can't wait to tear down all the glitz of the season.

Who else holds her breath when shopping in stores, just because I hate it so much.

Who else gets so wound up about buying all kinds of things that I can't afford, just because it's something we're told to do.

Who else feels the gloom of the dark cold nights, and busy hectic schedule.  

The one last celebration that stares at me, is Bill and his Mama's Birthday.  Born on the same day, it's always a sweet day for both.  I usually stand back and wait to see what his sisters and bro will plan out.
And most always, we celebrate together.

Sunday morning, after enjoying a quiet breakfast at home, we'd soon start our piddle paddle around the house.
Soon, we agreed a bike ride down to our favorite pub to catch the game sounded like a plan.

Down the road we went...
It's funny how our ride takes us down the beach, through the green belt, and back to here.  It's a favorite dive bar of ours.  It's where peanuts get tossed to the floor, and beer is cold, while a jute box plays in the corner.   It's a familiar place to us.  It's close to home, and most always do we find a friendly face there.
I spy a bad-ass pink Harley cruiser.....
I spy panties and bra's on the wall. I spy peanuts, and smiles, and dust on the walls.  I spy happy moments, and dive bar moments.  It's a favorite spot of ours.  Mothers Bar, you little filthy gem you. 
Before you know it, we'd be running a tad late for this sweet gathering.  A gathering of family.  Little's and bigs.  All of us.  All with the exception of Kali.  Kali had a study/project group that absorbed her tired little eyes all Sunday long.  
Happy Birthday you two Capricorns.  May your days be filled with peace and love.  


One final "Happy Birthday" to my best friend.

Bill you will always keep my eyes wide open-

This years birthday card stopped my little hands from wandering.  It literally read exactly how I feel about him.  We can sit in the filthiest of places, and the fanciest of places.  Together we get through it.  We get it.
We have a love, that hasn't always been easy.  Just like most couples, we work through. We have super good days, and we battle the hardest.  We are the couple that get each other. Whether we're sitting in a cove sipping cold beer alone, or a top a fancy hotel mountain sipping martini's.  I love the way you love me.  

Until it's Shark Week.

Well, then the whole story changes. 


Bring on Two Thousand Fourteen.....

Who's ready to move some mountains?!


Not ready to move mountains?

Well, then kick some sand.  In the air.  Just close your eyes.


Finally exhaling, and always looking out for those simple days-

L


No comments: