Friday, August 2, 2013

My boy birdie.

Kris made plans to travel this summer.

He knew he wanted to try something different.

He also knows that he needs to get this stuff out of his system before he settles down.

I encourage as much as I worry.

This world is big.

It can hurt.

And yet, it can be so good.

It's a beautiful country.

So if the opportunity evolves in front of you, then do it.

He is currently in the air flying over Mississippi...(that's a fun word to type, and say out loud. ha.) His final destination...North Carolina.  He will travel to South Carolina and Myrtle Beach...  (American Airlines has a tracker that shows his exact whereabouts way up there in the 33k feet air....so bad ass.)


Last night while he packed his 2 carry on bags, I sat in his room, and just talked about life. 
He just came home from the gym and so his positive endorphines were in full swing.  And for that I was happy. I just came back from a long jalk (walk/jog) and was feeling pretty blissful myself. 
I tried hard not to express my worries...(he's flying to visit someone we don't really know, and staying with a family...that we don't know at all)...I just encouraged him to enjoy the moments, and to see what's out there.  
To be respectful, helpful, and always courteous along with a concious mind that won't allow Mr. McShady to contend with.  He laughs.  He knows.  I know he's a smart feller, and I trust his judgements.  
His flight left at the wee hours this morning...He will never know, but I tossed and turned the minute my head hit the pillow...(i know shocker, right?-and to my mentoring Mom's, does this ever end?)  - I knew he had a ride and HAD to leave somewhere between 3-4 am.  I just couldn't remember exactly.  So at 3:15, I stepped into his dark room, and said "Bub, do you have to leave?"  He said..haha..not yet Mom, in like 45min.  And so, I went back into my room.  At 6, when I awoke, he was gone. 
Bags, backpack, and my boy birdie...gone.  I am happy for him.  I really am.  
It's taken a while for him to get through his break-up.  It really pounded him down into the sand.  I watched it. I've watched partying and rebelling like no other. As his Mom, I watched pain trickle from his being, more than any other person has witnessed. Thanks to social media, there have been plenty of "omg's"-
He will get through it.
It has not been easy.  For any of us.  We miss her too.
I stand by him.
He wants a family.
He wants to soon own a home.
He wants a little farm.  ha.
He wants a good wife, and to be a good husband.

He will get there.




It's been a winding rough road, but he will get there. 


I just know it.

And Dad, if you read this, I cannot express to you in words just how much it means to me, YOUR GIRL, the moments you spend on the phone with him.  Encouraging, and reminding.
You are the best.
You have always been the best.
In my eyes, forever you will be the best.  I love you.

During my blogging today, I've received emails from my boy.....like this...
He's on a plane, in the air, going through pictures.   Wonder where this was? haha.  I suspect a concert of some sort.

I also received this...
Oh Krissophher.
“Nothing you become will disappoint me; I have no preconception that I’d like to see you be or do. I have no desire to forsee you, only to discover you. You can’t disappoint me” -Mary Haskell
And just landed in North Carolina.


Enjoy your weekend mama's and papa's.

Love on your little ones, because too soon, they grow up.

Not that I want to stop the clock.
I just wish I could capture some of the important ones in a bubble that would show up later.
The sweet ones. The ones that disappear, yet leave a tiny trace.

Have a great weekend lovelies.

You deserve only the best.  And never ever settle for anything short.

Don't forget to leave a love note.

Eat well,

Leese






No comments: