Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chapter Twenty Four.

Bringing him into the world at the tender age of nineteen wasn't the easiest job. 

All seven pounds. 
In fact at times, it was incredibly scary.

I was a good little Mommy.

My world wrapped that little guy with all things love.

And praise.  

My big belly at nineteen offered stretch marks. 


The new baby part was hard.

The toddler stages were some of my favorite. 

Those chubby cheeks.

I can remember the smell of his little body just after his bath. 

Swimming lessons together, while we'd sing "wheels on the bus".....in the pool, and all the way home.
With that aroma of Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. 


We walked through fun times, and hard times.
You watched your Mama grow.
You watched your Mama fight for what was right.
You watched your Mama learn, and give, and work.
And cry, and laugh.  And straighten things out.
And knock on doors, and pull into schools, and classrooms.
Your Mama would drive you way out to the farthest track so you'd enjoy a day with friends.


You love animals.  Especially fish.

It's been an adventure with you.
Since the beginning.
You've kept me on my toes. 
Attention and standing out as a "Leo" is definitely held true.
Shining like a star is your goal. 
You've always respected my rules.
As a matter of fact, you never pushed my buttons too far in.
Or else.  ha. 


 We are super close.

 I mean, we both love lobsters.   Like alot.
I am proud of you Bub.  You are making your way in this world.
It hasn't been the easiest road.
At times, I've watched you crumble to soon pick up all the pieces, dust off your knees and keep on going. 

We've grown together.



Keep chasing your dreams.
Keep that kindness and respect at the highest.
Never look back.

Your dreams will come true.

Because of hard work, and determination.  Good will to others, and tenacity.

You will move mountains.

Happy Birthday Bubba-loo.

It seems like you turned five yesterday, and I love you like you could never believe.

I hope we are hiking through some mountain side as this post lands in the laps of many.


This Mama Lisa to a Chapter twenty four birdie. 


No comments: