Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Words.

The last couple of days have been every bit full.
Full of words.
Full of sadness.
Full of happiness.
Full of words.


Yesterday we attended Kevin's Funeral.  It was everything I expected and more.
More words stung my soul.  In a good way.
Yes, tears fell.  And words filled my ears that needed to.
I could hardly look at Joe and Anna.  Only because I am a coward, and cannot imagine the grief and pain they are enduring.
But this is where the Priest (Retired) that drove there from Seal Beach filled my ears.
Joe and the Priest delivered words that will forever embed in me.
The day was filled with uniformed officers of all sorts.
The respect, and the love shown was and is unexplainable. 
As we pulled into the church parking lot, under an enormous American flag flown above us, attached to two ladder trucks, I just knew.

On the way home, every over pass was lined with Fire Trucks, and their brave men standing with pride to show respect.  Every.  Single. Over pass.   Amazing.  

Kevin, you sweet little birdie, you moved this Earth.  You moved our Ocean.
I can see you will be missed.  Forever.  You will be.
May you catch all the lobsters in Heaven that one man can.

Today was Senior portrait day.
It was beautiful too.
So beautiful that I sat in my chair in that dark room very still.
Very quiet.
Very overwhelmed with emotion.  The photographer draped the cap and gown on Chapter Seventeen, and turned her around to me.....and said "How proud you must be Mom"-

I could only smile.
That's all that made it out.  Was a smile.

And tears filled my eyes.  As they always do.  And she started to chuckle at me as she always does.

I chuckled back, and said..."Yes I am"-   oh, yes I am. 
And wiped my tears.

This week has been strange.
Full.  Happy.  Peaceful.  Sad.  Sweet, and proud.

I will be back soon kids.

Enjoy this week, and go live your Eulogy.  It's worth it.

Cry if you want to, and laugh hard when you can.
Just try to practice random acts of kindness.  


This life is flying.

You think I'm kidding......




boom.



ps. my ol' friend Kristine sent an email today.  Couldn't have come at a better time.
Her words.  Her thoughts.  The timing.  all too good girl, all too good.  love you.

pss.  Happy Birthday sweet Andrea-  Love you lots too.  

No comments: