Friday, July 19, 2013

When plans deliver in our favor.

The week was one of those.
As I mentioned earlier.
A tad sad.
A tad happy.
Some peaceful moments.
Some tender moments.

And we moved along with the tide.   Together.  At work.  At home.  This life.
Between all things in this life, I mentioned to Kali about "The Fair"-  Are they up to it?

"Of course Mama".  We would love to.
My plan was to get there before the evening crowds.
It worked better than perfect.
A light crowd.
No traffic.
Smiles in the back seat between our two sweet babies.  Gio and Kali.

My sister sitting shotgun next to me.
The sun shining. With a light breeze as we parked my car, almost in the front.
Again, everything too perfect.  I mean, look at that sunshine.  75 degrees.   Light breeze.   These two...


This may sound dorky, but my sis and I stood there at the chicken coop taking in the aroma with a warm welcome.  We grew up with all farm animals.  Chickens were in our life.  Coops were in our life.  It brought back some warm memories.  We used to sit in those coops and talk to "our chicks"-  One year our parents bought us an incubator filled with eggs ready to hatch.  It was Christmas morning.  How awesome is that?  Yes, it was.   (I love my sisters smile here, she looks peaceful, and almost childlike....swoon)
No games.  No practice.  No training.  No school work studies.  
Just a happy day at the fair. 


Together. 
Carnie section.  Always my favorite place to people watch.   Tweek ville.  omg. 
Can you look at this sweet goodness.  Born on Wednesday.   oh. m. gee.  
 It's almost surreal to see these little boogers.   I sat there dreaming of sitting in that saw dust and holding one. Or holding five. 
The runt.  Tagged to show so.  
 Tired mama.
We indulged in bad food.   Blooming onions with grease covering the napkins.   We did kind of good and went with a kabob of chicken and beef.  Hummus.  Hot wings. Homemade lemonade.  Topped with ice-cream.
I get tummy aches with bad food very easily....so I am careful.
This time I was fine, but Miss. Kali said....ugh, my tummy hurts Mom.  ha.  boom
The garden was glorious as we exited.  Peaceful.  Full.  Organic and bright.  
 You see the crowd so light?   oh, can I get a woop woop.  My fav. 
We laughed about these carnie stuffed animals.  To spend 40 bucks to win a dust collector.   And that she did.  Well, only 4 coupons, but lookie here.....
That was our fun at the fair.  It was perfect.  Maybe it's the gracious deserved ending to such a deep week.

My entire family will venture off into different directions this weekend.  (One in Fresno, One in Tahoe, and one in Havasu) Part of me is bummed.  Part of me is worried (I know roll your eyes), but more parts of me are happy they are happy. 

Soon we will all be back together.

I sense fun times on my horizon.

I also sense good food, big smiles and big hugs.

I can't wait.


Go play kids.
Play fair or stay home.

Much love and happiness to you all.
Remember to be kind-
Words cannot be taken back.  Use them wisely.



boom.


This mama Lisa

Happy Birthday Auntie Susie!

CONGRATS....to Coach Eddie and Tricia on your ENGAGEMENT!  Boooom!
So stoked for both of you.  Tricia, you will make quite the beautiful bride and wife.
Eddie.... Finally!   Finalllllllly!   Woop Woop!

No comments: