Monday, July 15, 2013

Scrambled Plans.

Those moments where the plans I've set get scrambled.
I tend to get my undies in a bunch.
I just do.
All week we planned a bonfire.  Our family. Along with their extended loves, and friends.
After not sleeping real well all week, my Saturday arrival into this world was after 8am.  Actually closer to 9.  Which is rare.  For both of us.
Kali and I headed down to get "our bonfire pit"-  to see this....
To which Kali proceeded to spout rude remarks to her Mom about "my poor planning"- 
Yes, I did get to sleep in.  And NO, I didn't plan to ruin the plans for us. 
But it happened. 
We all expected this..
But sometimes things don't work out.
I try my best.
Planning is in my blood.
I tried to remind her very calmly about ALL the gatherings I've planned for us.
We drove on in silence.
But it's ok. 
This life is still ours.
WE will get back there.  This bonfire will happen before summer ends.
I ventured back, with many quiet meditated prayer to this...
To which I laid there still frustrated.  About a few things.  But it was glorious out. 
And so it really felt like this.

My phone jingled at me.....

It was my Mom.
With a picture of this fine man.
Building their spa.  Dad you still make me beam with pride.  You strong wise feller.
 Because they are lovers and best friends.  They have each other, and their land. 
And that made my entire day.

Bonfires will wait.

My attitude adjustment needed adjusted.  I did so on my own. 
It felt as though the tide was pushing hard against me.
Sometimes that happens.
I see it and feel it.
Sometimes it hurts.  Sometimes it really pisses me off.
It's always good to see it leave. 

The rest of the day was spent paddleboarding.  Chatting with my girl.
Soon, we shared the rest with my cousins.  One more gathering before she split back up to the tip top of Cali. Meanwhile, the others drove back into the hot desert to Havasu.  Such a cool night with Jaz and Trev.
Yesterday I woke to an amazing breakfast.  Always my favorite by Bill.

We boated, chatted, and prepared for another week, which will in fact, be a full one again.

Go get after what makes you happy friends.

I sure will.

L




No comments: