Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The sweet and not so sweet.

Bill walked up to my desk yesterday with that look.

The look of, "I'm outta here in a hurry" look.

Gaylord, his Dad-   Fell.....

It was a bad fall.

His lower back is broke.   Yes, you read that right, broke.

At 86, this isn't a good thing.  

Doctors, Surgeons and nurses are plotting the plan.

I heard last night he wasn't being the best patient.

I don't blame him.  He's in serious pain.

He's a good man.

One of my favorites.

Prayers are needed. 

I told you the full moon brings out the scary.  

Isn't it wild how life moves along, and with the zap of a phone call,  can be changed instantly?
This man is amazing to say the least.  He's walked a long walk.  An admirable walk, I'd say.

Lately, his cane is the new fad.  It's the only way he can get around.  He can't stand straight.  He needs assistance getting to and from.  In and out of things.  It is the life he knows now.
And falls have become bigger and scarier.

Gaylord, only one way to get through this.  Strength, and us.  We will get you back UP.
We need him better. We need his stories.  We need his jokes and witty silly antics.

Well, at least I do.

The sweet things in this life?
Receiving a text from Kali.  "Mom, Gio surprised me this morning with breakfast, and was sitting in the living room when I woke"-

It's the sweet little things in this life.   And for you, I say...rock on little one, rock on.

Funny, just this morning I started to order this pillow.

I dedicate it to you Gio.  Love you, lover bug.

xoxo


Keep on keeping on.

Pray for our sweet Gaylord.

It will indeed be an adventure on the horizon.

Have a sweet day beautiful ones, and try to make one for someone else.

Hugs,

Leese







No comments: