Tuesday, July 2, 2013

This Life.

This one family that is trying to learn simple things in life.

At least reminders certainly keep popping up.

That spending time with those you love become all more important.

Especially during some of the longest, and saddest days.

Losing anyone is hard.

Losing a child is my biggest fear in this life.

Stepping away as a family to somewhere close.  That we all know too well.  
 Soaking up moments.

And as we walk up the street to see this fine young feller singing while playing his ukelele, his Dad sat close by admiring.  Him.  The crowd.  These kids.  The night.  The city.  This life.  
 What caught my eye is the lady you see sitting.   She's homeless.  She's stained.  She's saturated with booze.  But she is there.  Watching.  Loving the kids.  Swaying to the music.  Singing along to some.  Quietly.  There and happy. The simple life. 
I don't think it's a good life.  It's probably scary and cold.  It's most likely lonely and dark.  It's gross to some, and sad to others.  It's only sad to me.  I've seen her sit right in this same spot before.  What she gets to enjoy is free.  Little ones dancing away....silly steps.  Falling over.  Jump frog dances, happy and free.
She was a baby long ago.
She was a toddler, soon a little one.
Who knows the rest of her chapters.
Does anyone care?
The music is pure.
It's all the tunes we know.
It brought tears to my eyes.
It brought smiles to my face.
I am proud to live in this country, where we can all enjoy these simple things.
As I stared at each little baby dance, some stood back for a minute, while others shook and shimmied in front of the crowd for way too long....they are so innocent.  So pure.  So happy.
My children were once this size.
And soon, it fades.

But they are growing to be fine young people. 
 Especially when they snap shots from above and you don't know it. 


And for that I am proud. 

Our hearts weep for my friends.
It's hard to experience selfish fun during the saddest week in our community.
We are together.
Shortly after this picture a fight broke out.  Between 2 teens.  My instinct pushed me towards it.
I shouted, and pushed, and grabbed and yelled.  I broke them up. And yelled to stop.
Soon, I was lectured at by my teen.  And Bill.
I was sorry that I put fear in them.
Fighting and hostility was a thing of my past.
And it scares the shit out of me.
When I see anyone fight.
I want to stop it.
They were teens.
Yes, I could have been "possibly" hurt.
But when you see many adults apathetically walk by, while someones child is being hit in the face.
I will do something.
Another reminder in "This Life".


I hope you enjoy this long weekend with those you enjoy spending it with.
I hope you take the time to relax, and eat well.

Your FREEDOM isn't free.  Always thank a Veteran. Smile and admire with sheer respect.


It's because of them, that we can live "This Life"



Happy Fourth of July friends.

boom.

L

No comments: