Thursday, July 25, 2013

Noticeable kindness.

Today, (Wednesday) just as in every. single. weekday.....I make my way to a place I call work.

Unlike my normal Starbucks morning, I pulled through McDonalds. 

I love their coffee.  

As I had my order taken from this young sweet girl, she had a routine smile and demeanor.
I smiled big and thanked her.  After I complimented her pretty eye shadow, I "pulled to the next window".
This is after I made her smile.  That felt good inside. 
My coffee was ready.  A medium with 2 creams and 2 sugars inside. 
That second window lady said...."here you go pretty lady"-  In her accent.

I pulled away.   She made me smile.   I hope she felt the goodness inside as I did just mere seconds before. 

Kindness.



Pass some on today.

Smile at others, especially those not expecting.
Maybe you can even go out on a limb to those undeserving
In this world that is filled with evil.
In this world that is filled with anger.
And greed.
And phony.
And hurt.

Sometimes the only thing needed is a smile.  To others.
It works.





These moments don't always work, and I will be perfectly honest with you, I don't always feel kind.
As a matter of fact, there are plenty of challenging times, that make me feel full of frustration.
And anger.
And sadness.
And bitterness.
And greed.

I fight it.  Always have.
But for those of you that know me, I prefer to spread kindness over any of these....always.
It's the way I am programmed.

Try it today.  Smile for someone else.  The feeling that overcomes you after passing on kindness is unlike any other.
And if humans don't cross your path, well than be nice to animals, and this big ol' Earth of ours.

Update on Gaylord:  He was transferred to a special hospital on Wednesday so doctors may keep on an eye on a hematoma that has formed in the spine area.   This has been a challenge, along with the severe pain he is dealing with.
Thank God he has amazing kids.  It's because of them, and their watching kind ways that he will receive the best treatment possible. 

Go get after this day people.

Smile.

Try. 

For now at least. 

Remember, YOU are important.  Treat yourself that way.

Love and big smiles to you, my beautiful friends and family.


L

No comments: