Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Summer. Love you. Mean it.

I am ready for long summer nights.
And a table cleared of all paper and books.
Especially the countless folders, and eraser grub left behind.
The year end for the girl that sat for hours, upon hours at that table.
Preparing her grades to shine so brightly.
While keeping her priorities in check.
I can't wait for late dinners served by candle light outside.
And later returns from playing by the water side.

Maybe new flip flops, and floppy hats.
Those days that linger on, with no set plans.  For all those students.
New planning for the graduates.  New colleges. New territories.
But for now, we will enjoy.  Sunshine.  BBQ'n and grilling outdoors.  As the sun lingers over us.
Maybe buy those new flip flops you've wanted. 



Kali's teachers have crammed a long list of last projects due.  Last lists of homework.  Just because.
It always baffles me each year.  They push for a "bang"-  Let them struggle to the finish line.
We will have a Senior next year.
This summer will plan all new things for this...
I'm always thankful for "most" of her teachers.  Of course, there's those few I could do without.
But they work hard each day.  For many students.  Each year I send my gratitude letting those teachers know of my appreciation-



So I guess it's time to travel.  Go have fun....
Explore this land of ours.   Trips can be simple.  Local and far.  Plan it. Do it.

I mean, a 2 dollar Damn Cold Beer. It's waiting. Somewhere.
Where ever you choose, go with a smile.  Your work will be here when you get back.

I can promise you that.

Who's counting down for school to end?

THIS MAMA!

I bow down to all of you graduates.  Good for you.  You did it.  Be proud.  Be true.  And get out into this big world and kick some ass.

Just remember to take some breaks along the way.  You deserve it.


boom.


Love,
The mama that can't wait for the school year to end.






No comments: