Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Age.

During the past couple of years I have noticed things about "Age".
How it is affecting me more on the daily, vs. the yearly.
Things change quicker and move a little more different.
Not on a vanity level. Because those that really know me, know, I like cute sweet things instead of plumped lips filled with whatever fills them to that extreme. I prefer wicker and straw over glitter any day.


In my twenties, it seemed as though I floated along as a young parent, and fun little spirit.
I enjoyed my twenties.
Heck, I enjoyed my teens. Late teens. 
Soon enough we all gathered around a table while I blew out thirty candles.
Just like that I landed in my thirties.  They were good years too.
Almost a little more enlightened on things.
Still I tried hard to spread peace.  With friends.  With family. 
Stronger, and wiser too.  As they say.

And again...the years flew by....soon I blew out forty candles. ..my hair has grown more gray.....my nose seems to get bigger, ha. My smile filled with more history...The skin around my neck is more...well, loose.  I have wrinkles.  More around my lips than I've noticed anywhere else. It's like staring at yourself in the mirror becomes a little more serious.  Trying to figure out where the years went.   How to get creative with what I have.  Borrowing Kali's clothes on the norm to keep up with the days....
My sister often worries about age.  And the ways of change. I try to remind her, not to worry. 


Recently, I have noticed my body change.
Bill and I both are. Although I think he rocks the age of fifty.   
We notice it.
We chuckle about it at times, but in all seriousness, it's real. 
For me at least. 
Yes, we are wiser, stronger..but definitely changing.

Lately I've noticed the tides pull me in and out.  Moods shift quicker.  My body feels fluffier. I know when you see me, and think..wha, she's thin.  That is all portion control and choice of eating.  
Some days are full of zest, while the others are a little altered.  I feel it.
There are days where tears fall a little more easy. Tempers seem to flare during the toughest moments.
I fight it.
Sadness jumps in front of me somedays.
I fight it.

Do I enjoy my age? Yes.  I actually do, and have never ever shied away from telling my number.
It's exactly that.
A number.
I love my life.  I love this life.
But my hormones and body are changing.
And that is the shits. 

Thanks for your understandings.  Especially those days that seem rough.  Or tough.
Or blue and dark.
They happen. 
More than I'd like to admit.  They do.
A little more often too.
Do my friends go through this?
Hell yes they do.
Are there cures?  Probably.  But for me, it's time. It's also gardening, and being around animals.
It's walking through the process.  In my robot mode. I do it.  Always have.
Getting through it.
Together. 




Full moon this weekend-  Be careful little soldiers.
And keep on fighting.
For this life.
For what makes you tick.
And keeps you happy.
Simple.  Big. Small.  Keep on fighting.

And carry on sweet friends.

Guessssss whattt day it is?  Guess. what. day. it. is......
HUMP DAYYY!  Allll dayyyy.   hahaha


xoxo
L

No comments: