Saturday, June 8, 2013

Looking back.

I know I stepped back from posting about Maui.  That wonderful trip.  At that wonderful place. With my wonderful partner.  I shared moments in my life that I will never ever forget.  There are parts of Maui that I miss greatly.  Little things.  Not big fancy things.  Things.  Bill and I made some awesome memories together there.
I'm a weirdo when it comes to little places to eat.  The smells.  The people.  The interesting.  Places with good food, and kind people. Those things.  I had a hard time digesting servers at fine restaurants like "Spago's".  It was almost like a robot speaking to us, trying to sell us the Peeenooooo Greeeegggiooooo to pair it withhhhhhhh......blah blah blah....-  And a few times, I almost had the giggles over come me.  That happens with this silly head. More times than I want to admit.  It has happened in the worst situations. It's terrible, and I hate to admit it.  It happens.   OHH those giggles.  I want to laugh just typing this. 



I loved the resort we stayed at.  And if I ever get the chance to visit Maui again....well. I will have to be there.  Four Seasons.  Wow.

So, looking back at the finest, and favorite moment of my trip.  Was here.
Something that brought me to tears.  Silent tears streaming down my cheeks.  In a machine filled with strangers.  But good music playing in my ears.

Enjoy.







That small harbor down there....is where we snorkeled out of.  Another awesome day.





Pineapple fields that have been abandoned. 



Seriously.  Look at this. 

In the distance, you can see the way the fishermen built levee's to block the tides and catch numerous fish all at once...with the grace of "The Tidal flow"  Awesome.


Lahaina



Can you spot the elephant?  Pure.  Simple.  Beauty.

Small, but there...a Mama Whale and her baby...











And before you know it, we landed....safely-

One more time....

Headed back to Wailea.....with aww written all over our faces.

And this feeling we had, was everything and more.  Maui, you were good to us.  Aloha spirit is a good thing.  Helicopter rides are a good thing.  
 Happy Saturday kids.

Have you booked a trip? Somewhere small? Way ahead?  Do it. 

You deserve it.

Enjoy the day.  And water your garden and watch it grow. 


L

No comments: