Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm not going.

Last week was busy.
Super scrambled.
I was glad to feel the school year end.
All the little duties that led up to it.
Not including the stresses I watched Kali endure.
She's juggling huge decisions right now.
I'm letting her.
Adding when and where I should. 
Fathers Day landed on the same weekend we'd planned our trip to Havasu.
We also planned to take Gaylord with us.
More like a plea to get him there.
It didn't work.
He is happy at home.
Interesting conversation in the garage to get him out.
It didn't work.
Pleading to make our heart full, yet not considering his contentment. 
Kali also had a commitment for a tournament.
She didn't want to let her coach down.
She stayed behind.
These decisions don't appeal to me.
Ever.  
I love family moments at the lake.  Together.  #truthofthematteris.
Here is a place that Bill had planned to sit his Dad.
On that ever so popular "Fathers Day".
Foxes on the river. 
He refused with a firm "I'm not going"-
Happy at home he is.
I understand.
Bill didn't.
That's hard.
Our desires to fill our hearts.
Sometimes that doesn't always work.
I see it. In my own personal life with my Dad.
It doesn't ALWAYS work.
And so we went.
The two of us.
With plans to get stuff done around the house too.  We headed out. 
After Rice Rd. (and this girl suffering car sickness...again.)   We sat here. 


His life long familiar territory.

I feel it too. 

There's something about the smell of the river.

And the sounds of boats.

Fast boats. My favorite.

Our favorite.



Place was packed to the gills. ha.

PEACE

No sooner, we'd be on our lake.

In our territory. 

If you know Bill and I, we enjoy our time.

It's what keeps us dance The Love Dance.  (note: my request was to stay on the lake later than our norm...and watch the sunset, and idle home when the lake is peaceful and serene.  We did just that- Best time on the water in the summer..right. there.) 

We tried new restaurants. 

And if you haven't tried Red Onion in Havasu, it's a must.  Good stuff.  Good vibe.  Good peeps.  





We are happy at home by the pool.  We are happy with a house full. Or alone. It's just getting away.  From it all.   I am most happy with our pool filled with the kids.

We will go back.

More work.
More phone calls.
More commitments here.
More life along these parts.
We can do it.

Countdown for another breather.
Some day.   Hopefully sooner than later.


Happy Taco Tuesday-

Let's go to the street fair?
I say yes.  Let's do.


This Mama Lisa. 
Counting the days until we can go back, to check on the cactus. HA!



2 comments:

Mindi said...

Love your volcom hat and that cute coral cover up! Super cute!

Peace and Love said...

Thanks Min! Volcom never fails-
Happy Birthday Summer!