Monday, May 14, 2012

Things that I LOVE. Right in that moment. And it's all very simple.



While Kali celebrated with Mackenzie for THE "BIG 16" on Friday night At Maggiano's in Newport..I met my sister for a nice dinner at The Fish Company.  We arrived at Tori's Dance Performance just in time....Always so awesome to see her dance.  Those beautiful long legs, and precious smile.  LOVE.  Can you all see the resemblance?  wowzie. 
I awoke the next morning with plans to have lunch at The Yard House.  Our old stomping grounds.  With good friends...and perfect weather....

No. I wasn't double duty drinking.  Just helping someone out while they snapped shots for me.  Remember, I had to break out biggie.  Tourist mode. 
The wind was in their favor. 
I am very sure they were all stoked. 
What's goin on here?  Talk about Pony Power.  Careful now skippers. Settle downnnn. 
Skipper and Skipperette
A view for my East Coast friends.  Sorry to make you Jeally....Say "Hi" to the good ol' LB
Tourist shot with Queen Mary peeking at you.....
Such a great shot of Randy.  One happy dude.  As we arrived at Yard House parking, they seriously have 5 visiting slips.  Maximum 2 hrs.  I heard a little worry on the boat, and as Kali and I always say...just have faith...we'll find something good.  For some reason we just do.  We did.  Right in the front.  Couldn't of been more perfect.  Thank you Karma. I always knew you had my back. 
                                                             Buddies.........
At the Mai Tai Bar in LB.  Recommended.  Simply because of the view.  The open air. The live music.  Oh...and good wine. 
There's that darn Honey Badger smile I do.  mmmkaaay?
I look happy here.  I always go through my zillion pictures the next morning and of course quickly delete any bad shots of me. Forget the family or friends that look good.  They're gone.  Just kidding.  umm well, maybe some.  Ok, I know that's bad.  But I do. I am not photogenic, and when I like one, I will post it.  I am my biggest critic.  Of my nose. Oh and my stomach. And...well, mostly my nose.  Oh, and the bad hair days. Can't forget about those. ewww.   lol  
Mai Tai's.....anyone local or wanting a fun day trip...eh um, get a room too.  Cute place down there in LB.  Fun place for kiddo's, parents, basically everyone.  You can NEVER go wrong by the OCEAN.  Ever.   Just watch the dorky tourist trap stuff, and you'll be fine.  I promise.  Plus, we can meet you there...yes.  That sounds even better. 
Our Mothers Day plan was to head back to my favorite little spot on the opposite side of town.  "The Secret Spot".  For anyone in search of the perfect vegetarian dish, or vegan as a plus, please try this place.  IT IS NOT fancy.  Don't go there looking for that.  You will sit on painted picnic benches, and grub on plates and cups that do not match.  Don't look into that too far. Trust me. It's awesome.  PCH and Warner.   The weekends are getting busier each summer and spring day we've noticed.  Maybe I shouldn't blog about it..?  no, seriously.  If you do, try the Dakine Quesadilla with a Wally's Walnut Smoothie.  You won't be disappointed.   (sometimes my little honey badger up above is disappointed...there....he really wants a breakfast burrito from a Mexican hole in the wall...he just does)  But he goes with the flow, only on special occasions when I've picked this spot.  Oh, what our poor kids go through for us? blahaha.  It's more the other way around.  but I wouldn't change anything for the world.  uh oh...I'm getting deep.  Settle down Leese. 
Kali brought these flowers.  In our little vase, all flowers picked from home. Our little gardens. Love. Love. Love. 
Kali's choice.  Every.  Single. Time.  We used to share when she was little.  That ended.  How can you go wrong with Mango Pancakes, and a side of delicious fruit?  Seriously this makes my mouth water while I blog.  yum!
The card Kali made.  These things rock.  They just do.  When they really acknowledge, "everything we do".  Just the word is so bold.  So meaningful. 
BAM!  What laid in a Nordie box?  An Ipad 3! Lookie here playas!!!! 
I was kind of in shock.  I mentioned to Kris a few weeks ago that I really want one.  Bill, Kris and Kali made it happen.  What? blog from anywhere?  oh no. Seriously, watch out players. 
Kris headed out to Lizo's family gig, while Bill went to bbq for Shirley and Gaylord.  Kali and I headed out to Long Beach Farmers Market.  The perfect place for all organic. And yes, live music, cute little kids, happy elders, happy people.  Good vibe.  You can never go wrong at any farmers market.  Really you can't.  Sunday's in LB.  Try it local peeps.
Of course Bucks gets some awesome treats.  All organic.  My happiness is making him happy.  It melts me. 
All organic.  Not to mention the eggs from free roaming chickens and organic strawberries, (which are soo hard to find)-
I put together a little picnic on a tray.  We sat out back.  Kris, Lizo, Kali, Bella, Bucks and I.   We couldn't have asked for better weather too. 
My afternoon picnic was blessed with a text message from my Mama.  My Dad, in their garden.  Peaceful.  Happy.  And healthy. On 8 acres.  Just them and Miss. Bella-boo- 
 (still rockin his Vans and dickie shorts. so sweet) 
Here is one of the gifts I sent her.  She loved everything.  She left me a voice mail.  Sometimes I don't call right back.  I know I am a weirdo.  Whatev. Sometimes my emotions runneth too full, and tears fill the phone line.  And so I will wait.  I miss her.  I miss watching them grow old together.  They are happy.  They have each other.  Thank God they do. 
They love birds.  They love Mother Earth.  They love all living creatures.  Except mean people. lol.  
So wild to package something. A box full of stuff for her/them and see it in pictures.  Placed in her favorite little spot.  Happy Mothers Day everyone.  What a beautiful weekend it was.  I started Mommyhood very young.  It really isn't until you look back.  Or they become an age to understand life a little better. And we can all look at each other and say...."You know this thing called LIFE....it's pretty darn cool"  Especially with you in it Mom. 

Hope your Monday went well.  Mine started with beautiful sunshine.  A peaceful ride to work.  And more success every day at work.  

Lots of positive love to you all.  

Be kind to animals.   www.thegentlebarn.com    

No comments: