Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Birthday Kali-Koo-Koo

Dear Kali.....This is the day. May Twenty Ninth, Nineteen Ninety Six.  At 5:45pm on a Thursday afternoon, I drove myself to the hospital.  Ready to have you.  I did. No meds.  All natural' girlie.  7lbs. 2ozs.  20 inches.  Fast.  2 hours. With the only request of  "please don't touch me, and leave me be".    A head so full of hair we laughed.  Hard.  The first couple of months here in this world you cried.  Alot.  You loved to be held.  Never put down.  You sucked your thumb...for a very long time.  You are sensitive.  You like things quiet.  You like an organized life.  You are a dedicated athlete. You love fitness and all things healthy.  You adore your Mom. I think. That makes me happy.  Very happy.  You love your Dad so much and admire his hard work, and patient ways.  You are driving us around now.  You love animals.  You are  growing like a wild fire.  You amaze me.  Your friendship to those close to you is like no other.  The respect and gentle kind ways, are truly honorable.  Kali I love you.  Dad loves you.  You make us all proud.  Sixteen is a fun number.  I really never knew this day would roll around so fast.  It has.  Part of me is so excited.  Part of me is really scared.  Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl.   See....your birthday wasn't all about me.  haha.     Sixteen spankings fo sho! 

No comments: