Monday, May 7, 2012

No sleep til' Brooklyn...........

All weekend long.  In my car.  On the radio.  MCA rappin' his best.  Taking me back to High School. Radio stations playing tribute.  Taking me back.  1987. Norwalk.   With my best friend Shari.  In her Honda. Shiny silverish pink lipstick.  Big hair.
Driving the streets. Just because. Singing out loud. Because we knew all the words.  We jumped around and sang to Brass Monkey like monkey's.  My last Beastie Boys concert was a little different.  Not the old stuff.  More hypnotic.  More lasers and people amp'd out on something.  Anything. lol  Bill went with me.  After explaining to him how much I loved Beastie Boys.  He went.  10 years ago.  I prefer the original Beasties.  Those songs were simply the jam.  

Cancer Schmancer took MCA.  Young.  Well respected.
May he rest in PEACE.  Knowing, and smiling down on all of us-  We Loved it. Lived it.  Danced it.  Sang it. And will forever.

God Speed MCA.   No sleep til BROOKLYN...  

Cuz' Mom your jealous it's the BEASTIE BOYS!

Happy Monday everyone.  Hope today's been good to you so far.  For me?  I woke up exhausted.  A night of no sleep.  No reason.  I just toss and turn and worry about the craziest of things at 12am...2am.  Mostly my children.  Their life. Safety.Decisions. Work. Life.  Crazy things at 2am right?   If you've ever had those nights. You know.  Or maybe you haven't, or don't? I am exhausted.  Almost like a robot. Mama Robot.
Watching the clock..to drive back and forth to CSLB,Soccer schmocker. When I wish I was more of a kick back bird and would lay in bed or take a nap.  I can't.  I can do this.  I always have.  Just tired.  OH...and what's for dinner?  That's right.  That's me too. 

Smile everyone. Life is hard. But it is good.   


Love, Mom the Robot.

No comments: