Friday, May 11, 2012

Be Grateful. Be Smart. Be Clean. Be True. Be Humble.

My week started in it's normal ways...up at the crack o' dawn and running Kali around to and from school and practices.  I was looking forward to Wednesday's  return trip to The Ellen Show.  My friend Lisa Marie and I headed out for a 1pm taping.  Yes, we took more pictures. I could not get them to turn upright to post.   We were able to see Nikki Minaj, along with Sophia and Gracie.  Cute little girls.  Long day of sitting, cheering, dancing (those producers and stage people keep you up and at em...seriously kind of like...too long. lol Fun day though.   
Mackenzie rolled into the SIXTEEN club yesterday!  Time is flying.  The DMV also celebrated for her too.  By handing her the ever so earned license!  OMG!  So cute.  Kali told me this morning that her birthday was extra special because of the little things that people remembered about her. Special things given to her. (as we say...it's not the expensive elaborate "things" maybe the KIND and thought out things to give....righhht?)BUT most important she was able to DRIVE TO THE STORE BY HERSELF TO GET SOUR CREAM!   Ohh man.  I so remember those funny little things that mean so much.  Someday when she's a wife and Mommy she will do anything to improvise for that sour cream drive to the store.  Right?  HAHA!
While Kali had planned all sweet things to celebrate Mac.  She really couldn't decide on what.  From where. So....she asked me to run her to the mall to find the perfect gift.  Well, as for me?  I DON'T like the mall.  That much.  Ok maybe sometimes.  But dodging people with flat irons trying to nail me down to straighten my hair, or someone trying to put cream on my face while I walk to the next store.  Oh, and not to mention the music so loud you can't talk to your daughter.  Much less find your way around the cramped store. Yes. 42.  I'm here.  If it's too loud, your too old?  Really?  I don't care.  Yes, I am old.  I woke up this morning with my coffee made, cup filled with this cool note.  From Kali.  I heart notes.  Will forever. 
Because Kali has a creative Mom.  We bought 16 things.  Everything Mackenzie.  Everything we know she loves. Home made card. So excited for her to open everything.  We #'d em. So fun.  They celebrate tonight.  I will catch Tori's Dance Performance.  Dinner first.  With my sis. 
Would you look at this?  I USE MY CAMERA. IT(THEY) go everywhere with me.  Everywhere.  Seriously. They do.  This is the error I read this morning.  Noooooooooooooooooo- Most little cameras last me about 2 years.  Bam.  Mothers Day?  eh emmmmm. Don't need to worry players, I will break out my biggie this weekend.  Booya.  lol
Midweek, I open an email from my cousin.  It's us. Springtime on the lake.  Memories to look back on.  Just looking at this picture.  I can smell the lake. I can hear the rumble of the boat.  I can go right back to that beautiful afternoon. With my fam bam.  
And this cute earth girl is for my friend Nikki.  She had foot surgery this week.  Taking away a tumor on the bottom of her foot.  Mommies can't be footless..Wait what?  Well, I mean, us mommies can't get hurt or sickie.  But while she is, we send her positive healing thoughts.  All things cozy.  I made her a little basket.  Of love.  From me.  With wine.  lol.  Oh...and magazines.  The ones we love.  You know like Martha Stewart, and Cosmo, and......Playgirl.  Justtttt kidding.  That would be funny though.  Ohh my goodness just the thought is funny.  If she didn't have little kiddo's it might cross my mind, but for now, I hope she enjoys the goodies, the love and the message to rest, relax and let Daddy take over.  It's your time to heal Nikki-roo!  Cheers to Friday everyone.  I love. love. love them.  Especially this gorgeous one.  Time to go play....!!!!!  But first, I must fire up the cab.  Drive-a-thon again for Miss. Kali.  Those moments are soon gonna fade too.  Wow. 

P.S.  Remember to be kind to all animals.  They are the speechless in this world.

Cheers big ears!

 

No comments: