Thursday, May 3, 2012

10 Days to go.

Mothers Day is creeping up.  Fast.  I always love the day.  It's a day to celebrate us.  For what we stand for.  For what we do. My kids and Bill always seem to make the day very special. The sweetest cards. I love them. I love the notes they write.  I love waking up feeling like "this is my day"...The above card reminds me of my life with my Mom.  I was raised very quickly.  As you all know, my childhood at times was challenging.  Leaving the nest at JUST 17...and pretty much taking care of "things" since then....wasn't easy.   Or another way to put it, made me a strong girl today.  Very strong.   It seems I really never appreciated my Mom until I became one. Or maybe just more recently ..Truth can open...until recently have I learned to appreciate my Mom.  Amongst other feelings, I've learned to forgive and  forget my regrets.  I've learned that she gave birth to me.  She sacrificed so much for Tina and I.  She really did.  And I am forever thankful. She is very far.  Never really the overly Motherly type.  And yes, at times I have yearned for that. Especially when friends around me "hang out with their Mom's"....or "have their Mama's to help".  Tina and I have never had that.  Guess what?  Just recently I've let go of that harbored self pity.  It is what it is.  After all, what would I be today?  Truth can closed.  lol

P.S. On a fun note...I am totally hooked on a new website that literally drains the time right out of my hands.

www.thefancy.com    Check it out.   Maybe you can find something for yo Mama.

I already bought my Mom's gift.  It must be sent early...to a post office.  For her to retrieve.  I hope she enjoys it.  It's everything Pam.  It's everything she loves.  Hint: All things garden and Mother Earth. 

No comments: