Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tattoo's...Brew's.....Happy Birthday Twenty Two!

Half of the crew....The Channel at 117 out....thunderstorms lurking in the distance...no boat...we felt like Havasu locals...just trying to Chill-ax and take it very slow and easy.....


It's those moments with your best friends...that will hold memories forever.





Kris and Kendall have been friends for many years....I can't tell you how sweet and helpful he was to EVERYONE...all weekend. It's simply in his veins.



























These pic's are out of order...a little...Saturday afternoon after spending the day in the Channel, Bill, Sean, Jaymee and myself decided it was time for a nice cocktail and alone time at The Turtle...and so we let the crew head back to the house...while we enjoyed this view...












And this view....The new pool at The Nautical Resort. Warm, merky pool water...filled with party peeps....Bill and I were stalking the chance to get back home to check on our house....lol!






My lake cowboy.....with his new hat....





The day of arrival. Current temps at 115- Notice the pool is clear....











Bucksie cooling off.....






I have been waiting for months to fill our new ice chest. Super cute. Doubted by Sean and Bill that it would leak. And .....it did. sigh.







The KEG.....






The ever so yummy catered food by Casa Fernandez. Love their food. The choices......











Let's get this party started....






Good times...Bucksie surrounded by love.....












Me. Sitting in merky water. ughk.







Love and hugs. Always welcomed. Tay and Kendall






















Our fun link game on the wall....Tricky fun.













The few girls that were able to drive up......






The Lifeguards.






The birthday boy....






My one and only son. And Grandson.






Bed for 2. Non-smoking room please. Linens kind of included.






Round one clean up. Friday night. Dad was cleaning! wow!!! lol-






I left this on the counter for Saturday and Sunday morning...





Sunday morning...they all prepare to depart....Friday night there was 8 cars sitting out front...the guys traveled in very hot temps to celebrate with their bro. So sweet. This is Johnny's truck....Kris and Johnny were the first friends in the group. Friends since 6th grade.






As Dad and I exit through the garage to give our good wishes for a safe drive home...all the do's and don't of the highway...(actually just coming from me...) Bill checkin' things but not saying much. Reminding them of WHY they should ALL have tools in their trucks...etc. I'm just walking around giving love and thank you's for being good kids.....





Dad checking things out.....Its 10am. It's 110. With humidity at 85%. Can you say ewww?






The other munchkins loadin' it up!






Caravan prep.





And they are off.....as I stand there sending positive thoughts, for safe travels, that each one of those son's and daughters to a family will make it home safely. That they continue to grow and make good choices...






Kris had well over 50 people "heading up" and of course as the date gets closer, and most that are in college, work and can't afford to come...backed out. To him, of course it's a hardened reality...to me and his dad...it was perfectly fine. I always say things work out for reason. Our house was full enough. Temps reached 117 and when your doors are opened and closed, and you feel so responsible for every person in your pool, in your house...it was just the perfect amount. All but a few we've known for a long time....there was no drama...the couple guys that did hug the "Ceramic love bowl" were watched by fellow friends continuously...When you have a full crew you can't take the boat out...when it's 117....you just do what feels right...and that's what we did. We celebrated 22 years.... Kris is working hard, in school, and juggling life while stacking his poker chips for his house someday...for now...we encourage him....and are so very thankful he, and ALL of his friends have all remained safe, healthy...out of jails...keeping goals #1. Sorry it took me so long to post these. This week...has...been....over....whelming....and busy.......-My little sagie-doodle-bird kitty that I rescued...has suffered a set back with more seizures...Let me tell you....I am a strong girl. A strong person that endured a crazy upbringing, yet keeping myself strong and independent...there isn't much that I say I can't handle...but this kitty in seizure mode took me over the top. I had to look at myself in the mirror and say "Lisa you are a mom. You are a warrior". And so my research will continue. My strength in what I know is right...I can do this. I may be a mama-cab driver, a cook, a sound board...a board meeting member...an accountant controller at my office...but being a MOM is being strong. And this I can do. Through prayer and positive thoughts. I can do this. Please pray for little Sagie-doodle. Cheers to everyone....it's friday. I just look forward to reading my good magazines, sipping a glass of wine tonight...and enjoying coffee in bed tomorrow morning. Enjoy your moments with those you love.






No comments: