Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Twenty Two.....

I had Kris at 5:49am on a very early Thursday morning 22 years ago today. I went to the hospital prepared....I thought. I came home with a very tiny baby....and was scared.... ohhhh super scared. Everytime he'd start to wake up...or cry...I would wince...I would shreek with fear inside....I didn't have my mom...or my dad. I was in this adventure to handle what I told everybody that I could. I've tried my best...I've made mistakes, I've given all...worked hard for him....I know my kids have given me happiness at times when the world seems fierce. This little LEO has been tenacious, stubborn, and active his entire life. Now at 22, he has goals, he's figuring out life quickly. 22 and figuring it out. Life is a dance....we learn as we go.
I know I've posted this picture of Kris and I before...but I love it. I remember the smell of his little neck after swimming lessons, the lotion I'd slather him in....he was such a happy baby....


Here he is at 14 years old.




And 21 last year..... Happy Birthday Kris. Live your life. While I pray you stay safe....and healthy. Keeping good decisions, good choices a priority. Remembering LIFE is hard. But it's so good.




No comments: