Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My love for animals...and the LAST days of SUMMER 2011

As most of you know...and I posted a month ago...we found this little sweets in the yard at the shop. She was about 5 days old...she suffered seizures the first night I brought her home. So much...that as I put her up in a box in our living room...I expected the outcome to be grim. The next morning as I peeked into the box to force feed, yet another feeding...she was alive. I thought SHE was a HE until last weeks Vet visit. This girl has issues. She can't see...or well for that matter...she's very sensitive. She is a special needs kitty...but has the face, and soul to melt anyone. I am still in the search for the perfect home. It's been a long road for her...I still feed her by bottle 3 times a day (just to assure she's getting proper fluid..)along with her canned food. She hasn't quite figured out how to lap up the milk...so I continue my process. It always amazes me when things are handed to you....this helpless little girl...in need of us to help her thrive. And that I promised to her the very first day I pushed fluids down her....I promised to do everything I can to help her along. I call her SAGE...stands for Saved And Given Everything. She is basically just a slower paced kitty...otherwise normal. Poor little sweet pea. She loves baths...basically because we have bathed her daily since day one. She likes warm water..and snuggles after!


This was Kali and my Saturday night movie night with Sage and Bucks. We watched Soul Surfer. Good movie..Very inspirational.



Bucks thinks this baby is his. He follows her everywhere...cleans her ears, eyes..and plays until we have to remind him how tiny she is. She cuddles up to him and they sleep together....



So I tell Kali I have a "End of Summer" Surprise for her....to get dressed for a night of fun....we'd have dinner first and fun shortly after!



As we exited the freeway she see's all these girls in cute skirts and curled "Taylor Swift" hair...and she started cracking up....Poor thing put on jeans...but told me not to give hints on where we were goin....and so I didn't. haha! The woes of teenage hood.



And the news vans were pouring in.....



Our wonderful yummy dinner at Yard House...



Fifteen.



Mama with her good vino...preppin' for some screamin' girls...and dancing fans!



Kali was totally embarrased when I asked a stranger to take our pic. So I have a funny face, and could only ask for one pic. ugh!!! I said "Kali we will never see these peeps again"...haha!



Waiting for Taylor!



Not too close to the stage. The last Taylor Swift Kali went to, she was 4th row. Well...I said...sweets we aren't THAT close, THAT's for sure...lol!



Such a beautiful girl. Such an inspiration to all these girls. Her songs are from the heart...with day to day meaning of what girls endure. All the friendships, heartbreaks...love....and trust. Live and Love. She puts on an amazing show!


And JUSTIN BEIBER showed up! We couldn't believe it. Talk about SCREAMING girls...haha.


That was a cute added extra....



The Beib's and Taylor...gettin funky!






Last song of the night.....



Heading home...what a fun night. Kali said "Thank you Mommy" so many times...it's these moments I get the chance to spend with a girl that someday will be planning her own events...filtering the good and the bad....and hopefully holding on to these memories forever. I am preparing her for Sophmore year as I finish this last blog entry. She's got a closet stocked with clothes, bags...and accessories...she get's her schedule today...everything is moving fast. School starts next week. They have a back to school dance on Friday and lots of soccer too. Well her Mommy will be hosting her brother's party in Havasu. This should be an interesting weekend...I just want safety, happiness and good times for us all! I won't be making any entries until next week. I HAVE MY BUSY HAT ON STARTING NOW!!!!! Cheers everyone! Go be with those that make you happy. Love is the answer.



No comments: