Sunday, August 7, 2011

Another fun weekend...sealed with a LAZY day of Summer.....

Our friday night was a chill one...we had dinner at our Fav spot "Sunset Pasta"...home early enough to prepare for another fun weekend.....Our friend Sean has been restoring this Good ol' American Beauty. He headed down from Santa Clarita area early... 4:30am early to trailer his beauty to Donut's-n-Derelicts' in HB....where folks show up from 6am- 9am- to enjoy a Donut and maybe coffee. Sean headed back up PCH to join Bill for breakfast at Woody's. Shortly after I walk over to say hello and check out his beauty.... I was lucky enough to get a ride....




So I hop in...










And he takes me down PCH to Seal Bch. Blvd... we make a U-Turn.....and as we get closer to where the trailer is...he says..."K...Ready?" I really didn't absorb that statement soon enough, and how fast we'd really go...and just like that..I felt like we were on the Montezuma's Revenge at Knotts. I couldn't move...I couldn't breath. And just short of "Ok STOP"....he slowed down. That....was....the...fastest...I've ever been in a car. As most of you know...I have a need for anything fast (Except Rollercoasters...lol). I've been in very fast boats, I've been in fast cars..and super fast motorcycles....but this took the cake. My thrill for the weekend.




As Sean put her back on the trailer, heading home.







Kali and Kris spent alot of time down at the Open this year. We normally go, we ride bikes...but let me just say...the crowds have grown to a size that to me? Just out of control. The sand dust is everywhere...the lines to eat, drink, and even sit down to relax are out of control. So for now...? I leave it to my little teenager...Miss. Kali and all her friends...and of course the Fatal Family out to represent.....And from what I hear Fatal is everywhere- So awesome.





And so......this is why Bill and I sat on the dock....my magazines, a cool drink...and peace to keep me there.....






Our ride over to The Open.... I offered to drive the girls, and as always we do the switch on the way back...another mommy sat in the PCH Traffic. Thank you Carol. Sigh....






As we were leaving a cruise "To help Cure Autism" was cruising up the coast....So awesome to hear the rumble of the motorcycles...the balance of all individuals....supporting their cause....it always makes me so happy to see these rides....On the perfect day at the beach.....






This is exactly how the girls went. No shoes, no purses..no phones...just money. I said "Kali you need shoes!" She said....no mom, they get lost and really dirty. lol






Bill and I later hopped on our bikes for a ride down to "Mother's" Good ol' Mothers....to have some peanuts with a Tecate Full. Yum. Of course it was packed, but a good band playin' and the perfect place to people watch.....





The single fool of the house. This guy was out of control, later being cut off (Thank God) by the bartender. He was break dancing in a room the size of a bedroom. It was funny to me, but man, he was out of control. As he left, on a bicycle, I made sure to warn him about taking anything but PCH. I guided him to the side street in the back...(The safer route...he said he's from Sealy Beach...and that's quite the ride..especially tanked...) So scary. That town is packed....seems to be pretty reckless too. Ohh wonder how his back is feeling today.....




Our Fav band was playing at Taco Surf...."Party Jones" which of course is on our way home....ok...our friends are there....lets stop in for just one....margarita. And some good ol' dancing...and that's just what we did....We danced our hearts out....so much so....that we had......






TMZ following us around...JK! But this is the guy on TMZ. We walked out together, I quickly grabbed... of course...my camera, and had Bill snap this shot. Stalkarazzi...mama! (He did compliment my hair :-)) Gasp!






And we left for home, on our bikes, and I felt like this....haha! Where'd my weekend go?





I'm home on a sunday, laundry sorted, towels seem to always win...- A nice dinner prepared to pop in the oven....and surrounded by the ones I love....Cheers to everyone staying safe.. Let's bring on tenacity for the week and what it has to offer....! I know I am registering a Sophmore tomorrow for school....paperwork schmapperwork....Can't believe I am saying Sophmore.

No comments: