Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Truth.

In this day and age I tend to judge in the Customer Service Dept. more than ever.  And the reason behind this is simple and real.  I serve customers. I am front-n-center each and every day. I serve a clientele of humans that demand a quality part for their truck that is something more important to them than other articles in their lives.  

When you step into the Classic Truck arena these animals are true animals when protecting their "babes".

Today I chatted with one of my favorite customers.  "Stuart".  
Stuart lives down in Carlsbad with his wife whom he speaks so highly of (makes me love him even more).

We've serviced him a few times throughout the years.  This last time was merely a repair.  A "Facelift" so-to-speak on his Ford truck. 

He called me last month of news that his truck was stolen. 

A truck that served his family throughout the years.  Taking their prized boat to and from Lake Tahoe for an annual family trip.  Something he felt the kids grew out of, but went along because they must have sensed his sentimental value in it all. 

The first thing he mentioned, and the reason for his call was to let me know if anyone shows up with his truck for repairs, parts, etc, to call him immediately.  

I nodded, and heard him out.  But mostly felt his sad violated loss.  He remembers watching a guy casing their home around Superbowl Sunday.  The guy carried an Ipad, and later found out after the police informed him it's the new way they're breaking into trucks/cars.  They can copy the codes and somehow get them open. 

One of the things I loved while talking to him, was his demeanor in appreciating our customer service.

Instead of feeling "entitled" (wowza do I see this more than ever these days...) He shared recipes with me.  We talked kids, we talked gardening, and we talked family.  

He thanked me, and later sent me by US MAIL, some recipes.  Both I will cherish forever. 

A lesson I learn year after year is receiving back the love you give. 

Stuart Bailey is one heck-of-a customer and although I won't be servicing his truck any longer, I can say he's got a friend in me for years to come- He's turning 75, had to sell their boat as that truck was the only thing that would tow it, and it's not worth investing in a boat at this point (SAD!) - He said he'll stop by sooner or later.

I certainly hope so.

I read this post and it shines bright in my eyes.

Hope your Tuesday is filled with Taco's or Tito's.  Or a tall glass of iced water and lemon. 
As for me and my soul, I am exhausted on my no-sleep train....
My girlfriend Cindy Dutton said to me over the weekend that it really never gets better, you just learn to deal with it.  

 F word.  


Pictured : Me at 2am fixing the world.  Or at least helping my little family--

Peace to you.


This Mama Lisa 

Caring is free

In the short run, of course, not caring can save you some money. 
Don't bother making the facilities quite so clean. Save time and hassle and let the display get a little messy. Don't worry so much about one particular customer, because you're busy and hiring more people takes time and money.
But in the long run, caring pays for itself.
Caring is expensive, but it also generates loyalty and word of mouth.
In the long run, an organization that puts in extra effort gets rewarded. 
Not to mention that caring makes us all more human. Worth it.



No comments: