Thursday, March 28, 2019

The Songs That Move Me.

Well, here we are...Friday Eve. Friday= The most precious day of the week.  Closing out another long, fruitful, hard-worked, paper slangin', phone call riddled week. 



Thursday.

A had a couple rough mornings this week. For me, after a toss-n-turn night, I wake up pondering on the worth of my self in this life.  All the hard work that has brought me to the moment in time. 
Grogginess can do that to ya.  It can filter the bad from the good.  It can make us stare off to space in a fog.  Trauma in this life has a wicked way of creepin' back in.  At moments and nights you'd least expect it.  The middle of the night rollercoaster panics.  The stupid what-if's.  
Knowing full well, I have no control-

And so I just pray.
I pray we can all ride in this fun bus one day.
And laugh our tails off.
I pray that Heaven is a better place than, at times, here on Earth.

Counting my blessings of an amazing partner in my life.  Counting my blessings for my girlfriends.  My bookends.  Counting my blessings for two amazing kids. 

Counting my blessings for the able body to manage to "continue to swim" even at times I want to plop out of the water and quit. 




I hope this week was good to you kids.  These white fluffy clouds passing by surely make me remember Spring time and it's beautiful value.  The green grasses we pass by.  The smell of that cut grass.  The flowers in bloom in places no one intended for them to be.  

Text messages from friends afar (Kerri, my homie in Oklahoma whom is currently transporting life saving Stem Cells as I type this blog post) I know first hand how that family feels.  Anticipating a road they never wanted to go down, but had to go down, and now they praise that bag of cells.  With no guarantee of what tomorrow brings, and yet the anxious waves come and go. 


Thursday.

I hope you gather with those you love. And if  you can't gather with those you love, I hope you can find small glimmers of happiness in something.  Flowers.  Wine.  Food.  A good book.  Or songs that move you.....

Happy Thursday ---

Great song-  


And all my love come down
All my love come tumblin' down
All my love come tumblin' down
All my love come tumblin' down
Oh, listen listen
To the lion
Oh, listen listen listen
To the lion
Inside of me
Oh, oh, oh
And I shall search my soul
I shall search my very soul
And I shall search my very soul
I shall search my very soul
For the lion
For the lion
For the lion
For the lion
Inside of me
Oh, oh, yeah
And all my tears have flown
All my tears like water flown
And all my tears like water flown
All my tears like a water flown


Always listen to the lion kids....

This Mama Lisa

No comments: