Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Dusty Kisses


After arriving home last night --in the dark, boo- I'd be greeted by Christmas cards, (Thank you Loree VG)-If you didn't know, I LOVE CHRISTMAS CARDS.  I love letters, and most especially love to sit and stare at pictures.  They have a new grandbaby (Leighton, they call her Lady Bug and SHE'S SCRUMPTIOUS) I literally love to sit down and read through my cards, stare at the picture and add it with tape to my wall. It was my first card.  Soon, I'd scroll through bills. One from City Of Hope, to which I always always open with a reminder of how hard they worked to save my son's life.  My phone was receiving text messages, yet I just wanted to take my work stuff off, and jump in a hot shower.  Nothing better on a cold night than those black holey sweats, cozy thermal shirt and my slippers after a loooong day at work. 

Kali would soon text me. Her content would clearly spell out, STRESSED. Probably mixed in with Shark Week, and just the jitters of closing out finals and studies she's worked so hard for.  I replied-- "Feel like punching people in the throat?"-  Kinda chuckling to myself, because she's her mothers daughter and when I get overwhelmed I tend to clam up and steer clear of people in general because, well, it just sounds good to punch people in the throat.  jk.  well, kinda.

Anyway, her words about wanting to toss her books out the top of her sun-roof, and flip her professors off, soon became funny banter back and forth. I could only imagine how she's feeling right now.  I never had to study in college. Nor did I move away and manage to live on my own like she has. Not that she doesn't have it made, but she certainly makes me proud as she navigates all her good times, with real times. Like just living as an adult.  And dealing with room-mates, and a party house that at times is pure misery to her.

I did mention she's living in a converted office right? With a curtain. By the front door.  With no heat. 
AND.....AND....she walks twenty miles in the snow. 

Kidding on the last part.  

All jokes aside, you make me proud Kali. I am so, so proud of you.  You are really moving mountains. Even though today, and last night you want to toss books out of the sunroof.  You're picking up little rocks and tossing them onto your mountain.  Just like you promised yourself you'd do the very day we left you in that dorm freshman year.  Look at you.  

You'll finish up and be home before you know it.  And we'll be sharing those poor brushes in our drawer and we'll make our yummy salads, and I'll assign you to wrapping presents, and you'll run around last minute for mama and help with gifts.  And you'll clean extra much because that's what college kids do while on break home with their families, right?

Just think....soon you'll be in the grind of life like we are, and you can't toss bills out the sunroof.  You gotta just keep pushing.  And be the grinder in the big world. It gets easier just keep going. #lies  #lol

Go get that shiz done.  And bring it home. 

For now, just remember the dusty kiss I gave you at Desert Bar.  Just look at us homegirl. 

This....

And to make you smile, remember when we pee'd behind Seans suburban and got pee AND dirt on our boots?

Ya, us.  Those classy grinders. 

Keep swimming....and don't look back.  For one day you'll thank those professors. 

I promise..

I love you beep.  

Have a happy Tuesday friends, and send me some Christmas cards. Sorry, we didn't take any this year.

Next year maybe I'll have MY shiz together.

xo

This Mama Lisa




No comments: