Thursday, December 15, 2016

Almost One

Back in nineteen eighty nine, my chubby cheeked, busy bodied boy was walking around at the young age of eleven months. He started walking at ten months.  Something my mother in law cracked up about each day.  Mentioning how he was just like his daddy.  I can remember so perfectly how fast he'd make his way from one side of the living room to the other.  Most always after our cat Chloe.  I can remember his love for his "binky".  So much so, we'd lose one when out and about and pull in at Savon's or the nearest store to find his favorite one. He loved the flat nipple kind.  And would smile huge as I'd unwrap it.  He held onto my shirt when I carried him around, and always always yelled from his crib when he woke "Mooomma"  and would not give up until I made my presence. And when I would arrive at his crib his smile would light the room. The same dimple he sports today. He had his first cold at eleven months.  He also had his first haircut. He had a deep love for books.  We read to him every night. As a matter of fact I believe he's intellectual because so.  He loved all animals.  Even at the small age of eleven months. He'd cuddle any living species.  We'd always encourage that love. I still have his favorite books that all included reptiles and bugs.
His favorite cartoon character was Winnie-The-Pooh
He's eleven months now with new donor cells.  I see a twenty seven year old guy trying to get back out in life with social stuff, fishing, small dives, events, love and gatherings.  We're so close to one.  One more year and we'll meet our donor God willing. Christmas time was always so depressing to me. I'd fall so deep into a funk never really understanding why.  I've realized this year it's not here.  I shake my head at the stresses I see us all endure.  Finances. Parties. Deadlines. Customer requests. Paperwork juggling.  Nothing will ever taint my holiday spirit these days. A smile on his face now mends my heart.  Viewing his hundreds of pictures out on the ocean, mends my heart.  The smile he gets when he looks at Jen, mends my heart.  The hug I give him, sometimes pinching his skinny butt, mends my heart.  The friends that surround him daily with love, mends my heart.  The doctor that loves him each week still answering my concerns, mends my heart. 

My Christmas time looks way different this year than last. 

I'm soaking up the goodness of it all.  

I'm able to be with my son.  My birdie.  My accomplishment.  With all we've navigated in this hard life.  

HE is with us.  With me.  With US!



 Where there is LIFE, there is HOPE--

December 2015

My wish to you all, is you look to the bright things in this life.  And to my transplant followers, just remember, you've come a very very long way and you WILL get through the rest of your days.  God is good.  And He knows the plan. Trust.

Trust.  

We all have bad days.  It's part of this life.  Never ever ever give up.  Do your research.  Even when tears fall. YOU can get through it.  You've been tough so far. 


"Courage is like a muscle strengthened with use"

As the "Eagles" sing....Take another shot of courage....
(Tequila Sunrise, great song)


Love you my friends,


This Mama Lisa- 

No comments: