Thursday, September 1, 2016

Grateful.

The end of another season is here. Fall is tapping our shoulders. Quietly and secretly standing in the shadows of these last days of summer.  As I was driving home yesterday a couple of leaves fell on my car while cruising down my street.  Little signs.  
I kind of smiled inside.  Not that I want summer to end.  Because who doesn't appreciate wearing sandals, and walking in the sand in the late afternoons.  Or watering a lawn with barefeet. Or sitting outside until almost 9 o' clock. Those warm nights sitting around a table.  Sharing wine. Sharing conversation.  Sharing food. 

I am ready for fall.  What a switch from our summers end last year.  This time around, God willing, we will be sharing good food, wine, laughter and hugs.  Not blank stares between one another.  The unknown. 
We still pray hard. We still count our blessings.  We still appreciate the hugs and kisses just a little bit more.
Looking back at summers end last year.  Before we knew a path that would be handed to us.  

 2015


 


My book-ends.  My rocks.  My shoulders.  
I have a pretty large support group.  Girlfriends and family not pictured here. But always here. 
In spirit and in love.  My rocks.  I hope you know who you are.
I thank you.

Last night I sat across my bird and his beautiful lover and soaked up every single second I could, just watching him mow down his food. 
Smiling at the love of his life, as boats went by. The sun set.  The wine flowing between us mama's.
Each summer we gather at the Long Beach Yacht Club.
Last night, just like all the rest, we all make our way down the path to that special place.
The table seems to grow each summer.  This summer's end even more.


 This year.  2016


LIFE.

It sure has a funny way of handing out chapters. 

I'm looking forward to closing out this last year. This last chapter.  This last season.

Bring on Fall, Winter and those holiday seasonal moments!


September is Leukemia/Blood Cancer/Cancer Awareness Month. We stand in unity, hope and faith for the Warriors, Survivors, Families and Caregivers and In Remembrance of the courageous souls. Go Orange because Awareness Matters.

Give God a chance.  I promise, He won't leave you stranded.  
Pray for Mercy.

This Mama Lisa

No comments: