Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Baby Of The Nest

She's beautiful.

She's a lover.

She's silly.

She's beyond crafty mixed in with nifty.

And most always out to get a chuckle with someone.

She'll rescue a cat from anywhere, anytime.

She's been known to rescue kitties from abandoned houses that should be condemned.  And yet she steps in the filth of life to save a kitty with spay, neuter or a quick vet visit. A thankless job, yet so plentiful for the homeless animals on our Earth.

She'll stand up with any of us, anytime.

She served us a warm home-made meal in that ever so familiar City Of Hope waiting room, as stem cells trickled into our son.  Knowing full well he didn't want visitors he was so sick.  And yet, she stood outside, to let him know she was there. (Blurry picture but man, it fills my heart.) 

Entering into my teenage years she'd pick my sister and I up, and glide us back to our grandma's.  Always, always showing us a good time. I think those were my priming years of holding my pee-pee because the laughter never stopped.  A trait I still can't kick.  There's Lisa, rolling into a pretzel, holding her pee-pee. LOL

She taught me a thing or two about fashion.  She also taught Kali and Tori that you NEVER take your heels off under NO circumstance.  Let em bleed-LOL-jk, kinda, but you leave that party with dignity, and your head held high.

She's always been "The Pretty Aunt" according to all our friends and boyfriends.

She's been stylish and has an eclectic, yet chic style.

She can whip up these "Oat Power Balls" that will rock your socks off.  Or socks rock off.  Whichever you prefer. 

Her skin is perfect.

Her hair is even more perfect.

She's adjusting to her big sister moving away this month.  A season of change, and yet no one wants to fully grasp.  Her little road dog, meet at Grandma's drop of the hat moments have been adjusted.




Auntie Lyn....the baby of the family. Surrounded by nothing but love.  

I hope by the time your read this your heart is beyond full from your birthday wishes.

You do the F word (Fifty) so well.  I hope I look as good as you.

You've been our pillar of strength.  From words, smiles, hugs and your presence. 

I thank you for being you.
And although some miles separate us, I know you are forever here for me and my sister.
Distance will be there.  Families gather when they can. Life moves on. Aunts are the fill ins for the missing puzzle piece.  I always know one phone call you'd stand with us.

Please know....you've made my sister and I a little more of a Ramirez.  Our roots.

Something I'm forever grateful for.

Because of you. 

I love you.  Happy Birthday.

Your littlest niece, just picture my mouth open and me sayin'  baaaaahaaaaa-  Tribute to Grandma Lala


Lisa - aka- Lee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you. From the bottom of my heart. Thank you. I love you.
(Kinda hard to read though streaming tears).