Monday, September 12, 2016

Birthday Love And Birdie Brunches

A few weeks back we received a text from Jen's mama, Renee.  Its text was an invite to see some awesome disco band by the sea side.  We shredded that dance floor.  Er, I mean..grass.  Such a fun night.  Remember...?  Our wine-glazed eyes a few weeks back?  Ya that night.

Last week she sent another text.  Hey, another band. Another summer night--
And you know....we're all holding onto summer by the cuffs...like kids being dragged away from a playground. 

We made it.  Our crazy schedule last week offered me driving like a maniac Friday afternoon to get something to eat, drink .... Is it me, or is it baffling to see how people make it to happy hour when you work....Bill and I landed a front row parking spot. Hunting for their orange chairs and cute bright Mexican blanket.  Gathering with hugs, opening our wine bottles as fast as we could.  Sun falling too fast, but the sounds of the people and kids dancing around....the end of the week smiles on faces. A tad more "glowy" from the effects of a good wine. 

It's like you just don't want summer to end. 
Our families....
 So much in common in so many ways.  The love of wine, our babies, sunshine and the ocean.  
Adding music to the list just makes our hearts a tad more fuller. 
A couple years ago was the start of getting to know one another through Christmas parties, and dock gatherings. Soon, we'd offer updates back and forth on our son.  They've loved him since day one. She's held his head up while he puked.  She's checked on him.  Fed him. 
They're just kind folks.  And remember my theory....anyone that loves animals...well....Good souls.  Good, good souls...period. 
LOVE.

And so....here you have it.  

Love. 

Music.

Our birdies.

And the start of Jens birthday weekend...

We even hit up Malarky's to make sure the dance floor was still secure.  Seemed all was good there.
If it wasn't glued down right, it was by the time we boogied outta there!


Until next time Jeff and Renee.  You two are such fun---!!

Don't have to ask us twice to go shake a leg, and clink glasses---


Just missing Kali!

 
Saturday morning I'd be gathering goodies for our baby birdies nest.  We'd load my little baskets full of whatever I could cram into my little v-dub-ya.  

Her place is so cute.  I'm so proud of all the girls.  I couldn't help my giddy self as I exited the freeway.  Just to hug my baby.  

After dad fixed her toilet.  Dresser mirror, and a quick check of her dying fridge...we'd be down the road for lunch.  And because I suffer from riding shot gun with other humans, especially this bird-she whips around a tad too much and fast for me.  So...

I do back seat. 

boom.  

She took us to a cute restaurant called Plum Beach- 

Delish!

Dad and I loved it!  Thank you sweet pea....keep swimming in your direction.
It looks pretty good from here.  Although I know your tues/thur classes feel like you'll never finish..
I know you'll do just fine.
You always do.



 Our stay would soon come to an end....and as per usual we jam before traffic gets the best of us. 
I tell ya I tilt my hat to her as she navigates back and forth.  That 5 Fwy between San Clemente and San Juan Capistrano can sure suck a nut.  

We woke on Sunday morning to the chiming birthday bells for this beautiful little gem.

Our other baby birdie. 

Happy Twenty Fifth Jenny!

We love you sweet sugar...


View from her birthday dinner....The Deck in Laguna with her parents.



 Her birthday lunch with this mama would be at the ever famous "Jans" in HB.  Any of our family members can appreciate....

Can I get a holla?!

Surfer Special (Tuna for me) with  cheesy broccoli soup and extra chips.  Fruit on the side.  And a smoothie. #fullforthenight

My mouth watering as I type. 

They chuckled when I asked for their picture.....

It's just cute.  Stand right there. 

Cuties...




Oh my heart. 


Grateful.

Happy Monday kids.  Hope you're doing alright....if not alright...well, I hope you remember to put one foot in front of the other...and keep pushing.  Don't give up. Remember, someone, somewhere has it way worse than you.

Never ever give up. 

And stay away from poisonous people. 

Pray.
Pray.
Pray.


Big love,

This Mama Lisa



No comments: