Monday, September 19, 2016

Scrambled Eggs

In a literal sense, that's how I felt this morning.  Still do.

After a night of tossing and turning-(which is my own on-going battle) I rose as I always do.

Get into robot mode. 

And go.

Making scrambled eggs with veggies. For my lunch.  Because that's the only thing in the fridge. Poured the last of my coconut milk into my coffee, and began the robot walk.

Here I am with a desk filled with papers. 

Deadlines and commitments.  Hey isn't that a song?

Phone and emails rolling in and out. 

Tired eyes. 

Wanting to hug my pillow.  And those gnarly sweats I have at home.

We snuck away for the weekend.  With Kris and Jen. 

He took the most pictures, so if and when he shares I will.

Other than that....

I'm here.

At work.

Pushing through.....

I hope you all had a terrific weekend filled with whatever made your heart full

And how about this weather?


Check back soon.  

Once I slip this robot suit off. 

And, I could have posted anything and everything we did while away on IG, but I have a hard time boasting while others are working. Or stuck at home. Not that home is a bad thing, because I love home. Not everyone needs to see the blurry picture of my attempts at documenting our boating and drinking adventures, right? I deleted at least a dozen pictures that were so blurry I couldn't even make out what they actually were. I deleted some photos that wouldn't make sense to anyone other than myself and the person in them.I've been reminding myself to live in the moment. Which is really hard for me, but easier than I thought.  Checking my phone lately is another story. I've always been quick-draw-mcgraw when it comes to replying to texts'.  It's so hard not to. I mean it's almost rude this day and age to reply hours and hours later.  But....
Maybe just maybe our generation needs to look up a little more.
In fact, my phone died while away. And it stayed like that for the rest of the day.
One birdie will call the other birdie and that birdie will let me know.
Or dad.

Love, 

This Mama Lisa

Happy belated birthday Nikki-Roo!  



No comments: