Thursday, May 12, 2016

Tenacity To Move Mountains.

Kali...

I know you are pushing hard right now.  Finals.  Another chapter closing.  Sophomore year in college.  
Funny, never would I have imagined you away at college looking at this picture. 
I just never looked that far into the book of life. My life.  Your life.
You just live. 
And give.
And love. 
And protect.
And Mother.

And hope to shape a child to be capable. 

To be a decent human being.

When you sat in the library all day yesterday and headed back there this morning, it makes me proud.
Texting me at 6:30am, getting your stuff ready for the tackle take down of another day, moving those little rocks in life. Making mountains.  So many papers to write, and finals to study for. For now, you're building your mountain...
I can see it's not easy.  I respect you in more ways than you can imagine. 

Watching you navigate through, along with learning the ropes of dealing with life, and roommates and apartment living, and parking situations, and middle of the night scares, and Uber-lol, and groceries and amazing meal prepping and the meals you've learned to cook because you don't live at home.  
The moments you've called me so frustrated of life.  And living on your own.  When two years ago you'd do anything to pack it all up and come home. 
Now you've decorated your room just perfect. 
You keep things clean the way you like it, and cherish a clean house. 
You get it.
I get it.
Especially when yesterday I was putting in a notice to have your mail forwarded back home for the summer. And closing out your electric bill. SD&G taught you a thing or two, like to check your mailbox because THEY WILL TURN YOUR ELECTRICITY OFF IN 48 HOURS-lol  #checkyourmailbox
I could never have imagined that you'd be sending me texts of pure exhaustion of study when you'd rather be home with us, or with your best friends celebrating a birthday at brunch. 
I think you've proven over and over to Dad and I just how brave you are.  Sometimes a tad bit spoiled if you ask me.  LOL jk. But I also feel well deserved.  You are rock steady when it comes to commitment, and I can tell you that trait is something honorable in the later days in life.  For yourself and for your family. 

I know these long days in the library right now seem to push you over the top at times, but Kali, it's super rad. I know you've had to wait for me to respond because I'm busy at work, or you've tried to call and I'm in the middle of wrestling someone from the doctors office on the phone.  I thank you for holding on with me. 
You've weathered the storm on your end of the rainbow.  Always, always, ALWAYS leaving ME encouraging notes.  My fridge is adorned with all kinds of love from you because you genuinely have a kind spirit. 

You are still trying to find the way here in life, and I'm quite sure you don't even think so.  But I see it. 
You have mountains in front of you.  

Finals.  Papers.   Just those two words haunt you.  But look at me, in my eyes little sweet darling....

YOU are doing it.  You are proving to us what we've worked hard to provide.  

As much as I can't wait for you to come home for the summer and make your room super messy and add hair to our bathroom floor..kidding-

Truth is, I can't wait to kiss your cheeks.  You make me proud Kali. Remember to keep you first. Study hard, push those little tiny rocks onto your mountain.  Because you can.

And we are here waving our "proud" banner cheering you on. 


Yee....flippin' HAW!

Get it done! 

Kali, Bianca, Madison and Kaitlyn 2016 Stagecoach- CSUSM-LMU-UCSB Beauties...

You make Dad and I proud Kali.  

xo
Mama

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A side note to Sumaira in London.  My dear friend, going through the same sadness and panic mania as I have here.  Sajjad a week behind Kris.  It's amazing to think on this Earth I have a friend holding my heart, struggling too.  It's something you can't describe.  My hugs are endless to you sweet friend.  Just reading your messages to me I smile. I cry.  I nod.  I get you. 
I hope to hug you face to face someday.

This morning offered a manic me, weaving in to the pharmacy navigating every single stomach medicine/syrup concoction I can for my boy.  He's battling thrush still, along with stomach aches and nausea to make a human want to give up.  I've left messages for three doctors, left emails, and now beginning my punch in the throat of changing places back to City Of Hope.  I'm a no bullshit type of girl when it comes to my kids. 
And if you can't return a call, or help me help you or him....

Beware.

And Pray. 

One of my best friends Kyoko reminding me that tomorrow if Friday the 13th, and FULL MOON is staring at us.
Careful friends, and smile at the bullshit. Or you can join my cry baby train, and just cry.

And Pray.

Happy Thursday-  

The Mama Lisa

No comments: