Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Happy Birthday Mac-Dut

Mackenzie...

Your laugh and voice can wake up a room. 

Your style is unstoppable.

Your strength runs deep in protecting your best friends. 

Your love for clothes and makeup is like no other.

Your guardianship to your best friends is true.




The days flew by faster than I'm sure we all really knew would...



 You guys tolerated soccer.  Because your mom's were intertwined in the gig.  So you just went with the flow.


 You had me holding on to the handles in the suburban during these first days with a "permit"-

Soccer mom's keepin' it real.   Real cold.  Coldest day in my soccer mom career history.










 You make us proud.  Even as I frantically prepared Kali for a measly 150 mile difference from home during those "prep for college days". 

You grew the biggest balls and headed hundreds and hundreds of miles to TCU. boom.

You've made your mama and papa proud.  Me too.



This allowed us moms to grow close.  Closer than I ever imagined.  Those moms that would be my rocks and shoulders during the hardest days of my life. 

Mackenzie.  I hope this day is perfect.  Saying goodbye to your teens isn't even a big deal to you right now.  Because to you, it's a new rad year.  To us, we see a new horizon.  Alot happens in the next phase.  And phases.  You'll continue to grow.  To prosper.  To make changes.  With yourself, and with other humans.  You'll give this world what we expect from Mackenzie.  It's laughter.  A good voice to share fashion.  Or whatever seems to tickle your fancy next. Just know that you have a group of moms here in the hood...well not hood for all, because you blossomed from "The Hill"- Where a good ice-cream truck doesn't even make its way down the street, but that's okay.  Just know I am here for you.  Just like with Madison and Kali....I am your other rock. Love you sweet girl.  Happy Twentieth.  Make this life shine for you.  For you Mackenzie.  And don't ever look back.   

"Hold on to what you believe"


And when Kali sent this to me this morning from you.....it's beautiful. 

Mitchell her brother is with Maritime Academy stationed way out' yonder, and manages to send this to her.  

It's just plain, LOVE.
And that my friends is the product of good parenting....

Happy Tuesday kids!


How did you spend Mothers Day?

Peaceful?

As for me?  I'm back from a weekend away with my love. A weekend filled with peace and and almost too much quiet.  A weekend filled with rain storms, and big white fluffy clouds. A weekend filled without cooking, or cleaning.  A weekend filled with dining next to the man who's stood me up in the wicked days of a storm.  A weekend filled with laughter and hidden coves.  A weekend filled with text messages swirling around between my kiddo's.  And if you wonder how much I missed a full house with my babies, I did.  
But lately I kind of feel like floating.  Not sure how, or even remotely a way to explain it. Just floating...away. 

My mind, body and soul feel broken.  I can't really even spell it out.  
I just stare at Bill, and cry.  Sometimes I want to lay in my bed and not come out. 
But that's not the plan.  It's not the plan for this girl.  The girl that has always stood up for happiness.
I'll get there. 

Have a super week. 

Love, 

Debbie the Downer.
jk

This Mama Lisa Forever, and Ever.

Kris has great counts this week.  Just still a wonky gut.  His spirit is still in push forward mode.
Always looking for his friends in the midst of it all. 
One tough dude...
xo



No comments: