Friday, September 20, 2013

In all trueness.


I often stare into the eyes of others.  At times I stare at myself so intently in the mirror.  And what I see can sometimes be pain.  Old pain.  Of course there are times of new pain.
I do see happiness in the truest form.
More often than not I see a happy girl.
I also see wrinkles.
And those wrinkles symbolize many things.
Wisdom.
Good times.
Strength.
They have supported everything I have been lucky enough to see.
They show traces of tears I have shed.  For myself, and sometimes others.
In most circumstances I see the creases from the many smiles that have made them.
The many moments of squinting in the beautiful sunshine. 


I fight for happiness.
I fight for love.
I fight for kindness.
I fight to be a better person.
To help where needed.
And to stand back when I need to.





This quote made me think.  And smile.  And get a lump in my throat.
For you.  And for me.


“The most tormented souls carry the kindest hearts. The kindest hearts hide tear soaked eyes. Tear soaked eyes can see right through you.” ~ Unknown” 

 

Happy Friday to you.

Stay true.

To you.

Peace,

Leese


 

 

No comments: