Monday, April 2, 2012

The Land of W.I.N.D.

Bill walked in with these Friday night...and we headed out for dinner. He'd be leaving for Havasu the next morning...Our snowbird rentals were leaving...and the normal house and boat routine start. Getting ready for Spring and Summer! Can I get a high F.I.V.E? I will be there next week. Yes. I have started counting hours. Not days. Hours.

Upon our arrival home he proceeded to check all of his lotto tickets. Yes. A lot of them. So funny to me.

Saturday morning was about planning our trip to here. Jealous? Kris headed to Del Mar Car Show...and Bill was cruising through the desert for a beautiful spot. We were headed here. More jealous? Raise yo hand.

First stop was The Marriot. The hotel was actually just remodeled and quite nice I must add. My first check? The room. Not too bad. and 15 pillows. So funny. Fun for a pillow fight later. eh maybe.

On to the field for 1st game at 4pm. Down this road. Yup. and streets called like, Avenue K....and L's....and M's....funny. Keepin it easy.

To here. Set dab snap in the middle of Lancaster and Palmdale. Yum.First game prep. GO BEACH!

GO #4.

And this starting peeking at us.

Goalie Savvaannnaaa ready!

Kali definitely ready.



First game a tie. This girls name cracked me up. All due respect. But in our family, we used to say "That's a bunch of malarky" Kali couldn't understand it. I didn't care to explain. Just funny to me. And our opponent.
The sprinkles started. Wind at about 30mph...cold. Miserable. But with friends? You cope. Together. For our kids. Only them. haha.

Hungry girls...want Olive Garden. Mom's want wine. Or any adult beverage. Stat. So we settle into the burb. Mac driving.

And a miracle happened. The girls spot Olive Garden. Michelle puts our name in with a wait time of 1 hour and 15. Yes. You read that right. That long. I glance over to my left and what do I see? Nothing but a YARD HOUSE peeking at me! hey I rhymed that. Bam. In yo face. So...little clever lush Lisa jaunts through the parking lot. Fast. To check that time frame. 30 mins. I'm told. I quickly put my name in. The girls follow. The daughters, soccer playa's, starving teenagers with slashing sharp tongues. Sit. While we stroll up to the bar. A dirty martini for me, and a round of wine for the others. Can you say exhale? Well. I did. My phone rings. It's Kali. She say's "Mom...we're in Olive Garden, we walked back over to check the time frame and they sat us"! So there you have it. Those sharp, soon to be driving teens, with empty stomachs because their moms don't feed them and starve them. Were seated. Voila! So we finished our drinks...and walked over to Olive Garden. Sat at the table where our young ladies were situated...and had a wonderful dinner for 6. I was impressed.

And Mac drove us back to the hotel.

While a full tummy and exhausted girl shows her spirit.





Yes. We jumped. And it felt so good. Nothing hurt. Nothing wrong. Just jumping. For joy. To be in Lancaster, CA.

Our only injury of the day. Miss. Hailey. We thanked our ref for his knucklehead ways. aka. He sucked. This is what happens.


And after 2 games. Sunday. In freezing winds. Yes. Beyond the coldest I've ever endured. Ever. Drama mama? totally. Like Fo sho.

No we are not drama mama's. I am talking 50 mph wind gusts. High temps of maybe 40. Just plain crazy. Nuts.

Since Kali was 5 we've traveled to fields. Good, bad, hot, and cold. I HAVE NEVER ENDURED WHAT WE DID YESTERDAY. Oh....more drama...with the wind carried the beauty of Lancaster sand from a field across the way that has and will never have life living there. I think that place is. Well. Hell. ok. just kidding. No I'm not. kind of.

We won. Kali celebrating. Or pointing something out...like maybe a flying chair. Or blanket. Or kid.

The wind has taken over. Everything. Sanity too.

Eddie declaring our First Place in our Bracket. WINNERS! First place. Where's the parents? And me? In the car. Or at least steps from the parking lot. Kidding. I snapped my normal shots. And ran. Fast to car.

Sunday afternoon. Road trip home. Changed into cozy sweatpants. Fueled up. Windshields cleaned of dust. hummus and apple juice. Let's do this Kali.

Memories Mommy. After all I am the memory keeper right?


And so a hundred or so miles home. She cuddled up in her seat. Shot gun. We talked. We laughed. We wiped dirt from our faces. We sat in silence listening to the cd she made for me. She had an awesome goal. We couldn't believe the weather we endured. More times to look back on. (We get to head back there in 2 weeks, Sunday morning 8am game 7am check in) I was glad to share these memories with her. We made it there and back safe. No injuries. Just wins. Thank you God. So proud of BEACH GIRLS SOCCER.

Love, The Zombie. Mommy.

No comments: