Monday, April 16, 2012

Distant message. From way up on a hill....

Yesterday Kali and I went for a run on the beach. One of those days. Beautiful. Too perfect. The weather. No wind. Empty beach. With my girl. Laughing, talking..and of course me asking a ton of questions. She says too many. What? Once we got to the jetty I asked her to pose for me. I captured a shot. I also wrote in the sand. A note. To my parents. I hit send. No response. So, as I always do...I understand. They probably didn't get it. Or don't know how to open it. Whatever the case. I sent it. It read "I miss you" with a cute shell next to it. Just minutes ago, today at work, as I am reconciling accounts, listening to phones ring, customers chatting in an office close by, my phone zaps me. It's from my Mom. This is what I see.

Yes. Tears have fallen. Good tears. Technology giving me/us something we've/I have missed for many years. Their very distant ways. She loves me. They love me. It does feel good.
I have always said notes make the world go round. Especially sweet ones.

No comments: