Thursday, April 12, 2012

Vines on my family tree...Easter 2012

Picture totally out of order. ugh. Double ugh. Insert at the end of post. Cousins. Dad's side. We were Trabue girls. Visited for 2 days. Enjoying our time to catch up. Life. Kids. Similarities. Family. Love. Enjoyed every minute catching up.
The Easter Bunny was ready. And while he was ready to hop around town, we headed to my Grandma's for Easter Celebration Saturday...also celebrating our Aunt Annette's Birthday. I brought the cake. Oh. And wine. Along with hugs and big smiles.

A table that every little kid would love to approach.

Tradition. These cupcakes. So pretty.

We knew all week that our departure to the lake would take place after celebrating with family. Directly from there. My mom's side. More than once I got "the look" from Bill as in "I'm ready when you are"...As sweet as that look was, I knew he was anxious. Totally ready. Get out town. You all know that feeling?


Cousins. New little cousin "Jio". Uncle and Me.

The most adored feeling in the world being sung to on your day by almost all of your family? Surrounded by those that love you. So much. This picture makes me smile just looking back. Family. Strength. Bonds. At the first and only house that has never changed for me. And most sitting there. Grandma Ramirez'.

Cameron. We heard on this day...she will be a big sister in the fall. Yippee. New babies....

And she will be a big cousin too! Tori Lynn.

We wake up on Easter Sunday. In the desert. In our cherished home on the lake. The Easter bunny found his way. He also left goodies for Kris at home. In his traditional basket. Filled with car parts. All things "Project Impala". On this day we could not have asked for more perfect weather. No, seriously. It was superb.


Kali, Tori and I headed to Walmartian-zone and filled the cart with everything Easter fun. Great snacks, EGGS, and magazines! Margarita's on the menu too. It was 5 o' clock somewhere.

Fresh basil with anything is indescribable to me. Simply put. LOVE THAT STUFF.



I love shadows. So neat. Bill and I. Love.
Springtime. Easter Eggs. Havasu patio. Temps 80 degrees. No wind. Music playing. Smiles. Happy. Yes.

Decorators a' decorating.
The only service I offered at this point. Tying bathing suits.

Perfect.

Perfect spot?

Yes. We were dancing. Snap away girls. We don't care. In our room. Bad Company comes on the radio. Step on up. Hold on to this moment. Don't let it end.
So we can catch the sunset

Almost 16. and very close to 17. Where did the time go?


picture out of order. fail.
So the next day we met up with my cousins. Dad's side now. My cousins visiting from Garberville. Far away. Simply put. Well 2 hours north of San Fran. Kali, Summer, Crue, Tori and Broc. After lunch we settled on the perfect cove.


Cousins.
Cousins celebrating good times and good laughter.

2nd cousins. Even better.
Broc

Skylynn

Summer

Cousins- Funny as I uploaded these pictures so many memories storm through me. I babysat these guys. Our Dad's are brothers. Catching up. With so many miles between us now. Yet so many ties that hold us together. Love. Love. Loved this time together.
Jason, Me, Mindi and Trevor. We were/are Trabue's.
The Trabues- Jason, Stacy, Skylynn and Blaze. The Contreras- Chris, Mindi, Crue, Summer and Broc

When daylight meets night time and a full tummy. Summer by the fire. Because we don't own cool skewers. Lame. I know.

little cousins have to use this. Raise your hand if you ever had anything more perfect? My little cousin Mindi is now a Mommy. Traveled far to hang at the lake. Crossing my fingers we can duplicate this show next year. Same thing. Please and thanks.


Could not have asked for more perfect weather. Nothing planned. Everything too good. Happy Mama.

I certainly do. I hope everyone had a safe and peaceful Easter. We sure did. Nothing fancy planned. It's the moments that you share with family. Laughing together while enjoying good food. Or spending the time in your favorite spots connecting with things and people you choose to do so with. I went to work today. Groggy yes. Busy yes. Happy of my memories, most certainly yes. Just had dinner with a Soccer Mom friend. Almost Friday everyone. Enjoy the cuddly rain tomorrow. Cheers! Big Bunny Ears!

No comments: