Thursday, April 19, 2012

Reverse? What?

As I said, it's the cards that matter the most to me. oh...and notes. notes from everyone. I love them. Text messages, emails, Facebook rememberance...whatever, however, on my birthday I love them. This card meant the most to me this year. Well. There is another card too. But we'll talk about that later.

So as I stated, Bill and I shopped for Granite, Backsplashes, and pondered alot on our new Expresso Machine. Built in. Can't wait. Hoping this all works out. You do know I am a java junkie, yes? Yes. After arriving back home, we quickly changed into our bathing suits, grabbed some towels and were setting off to a local beach close to his parents. Nice sandy little quiet beach. And let me tell you on a Tuesday...it was almost too quiet. I like to see kids splash in the water..and other boats go by....Well...as he started the little boat up for departure and put it in gear...It only went in REVERSE. That's it. I know I told you the story already...so scroll down. But look at that manly motor after he "Jeri-rigged it". "Jeri-rigged" is a word. Right? So we were off...cruising in style....


Passing this boat, we both laughed again. Funny stuff here. After all, it's just a day to take off and relax. Nothing fancy. I'm pretty simple like that. Sometimes.


And there you have the skipper, deck hand, jeri-rigger dude, pulling us up...on the sand. HAHAHA! We were literally walking distance from his parents too. So cute.


Motor cover back on. Mom posing on the yacht. Playa!


At this point I think my mind is saying "WTH"? HAHHAHAA.
Or maybe that's a just go with it look? Either way. We did have a great day. I came home to this basket made especially by Kali and Tori. All things sweet and from their hearts. Love it.


These notes laid out around my house. Front yard too. Love love love this stuff. (imagining "You lift me up" playing in the background at this point?)


My coffee mug with a note.


A cake at work. Filled with fresh fruit...and whipped cream. Can you just imagine? IT was A.W.E.S.O.M.E! Work family always give back in such sweet ways. Whether it's their kind gestures when I leave town to take a breather, or cut flowers left on my desk. It means so much.


And so life back to normal went something like this the morning after.


6:30am Wednesday

Kali: Mom, did Kris fix my watch?

Me: I don't know Kali.

Kali: I gave him the watch LIKE 2 days ago. That's so rude

Me: Rude? Rude is the way you are acting over a watch that needs to be sized. He is doing you a favor. And listen to you Kali?!

Kali: Do you know where my tan bra is?

Me: Kali you seriously sound like a spoiled brat. Seems you need to get some things in perspective and check back with both of us.


Note left on her brothers day back pack. Urgghh!


He did fix her watch today...and she kindly thanked him with this sweet teenager smile that hours ago was walking around like some dragon princess with a razor tongue. I just observe. Remind. And teach. These days eventually fade away. Watches are fixed, lost, and the realization that brothers are amazing. Mom and Dad are even more amazing...and life is much better after the teen years. That's fo dang sho!


Moving on or in REVERSE to Chapter 1. about my birthday.


Bill left a card in my car. On Jetta girls seat that read..."Oh...and you can go car shopping"


So...pray for me fella's. My new car is out there somewhere. And my homework has officially begun.



Cheers!

No comments: