Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Walking in circles. Literally.

I awoke yesterday to my coffee cup filled with a note from Kali. Actually notes displayed around the house, in the hallway, making their way to the kitchen....The biggest warmest hug from Kris. I love his hugs. The rest of my day was planned something like this :

Bill was sweet enough to request a day off together. Just he and I. I was so happy that he'd be willing to take a day "off" work. That just isn't his style. So...I picked out the cutest outfit, had my hair styled...worked around my house in the morning...went for a run and eventually made my way south. When I pulled up he quickly jumped in my car. Our morning would consist of finding Granite. By finding Granite means, you drive to the largest Granite Company I've ever walked through...in circles. It's like trying to find the perfect shoe. It bonkers my head. We were also in search of a built in Expresso Machine. Yup you read this right. Granite and appliances. Jealous? HAHA. In my head I thought of brunch style somewhere up in Newport at our fav little spots. You know how it goes girls, right? Our fantasy brains at work. When in reality the guys think more rational. More literal. Hitting 2 birds with 1 stone type thing. Take a day off work to play all day? nahhh. duh! Don't get me wrong we did have a great day. Pictures will follow. We managed to stroll into Sandy's at the pier for lunch. Laughed and talked about more kitchen planning ideas, the kids, life and our dreams for travels someday.

We headed home to take the little harbor boat out for a cruise..(margarita's included)....and the second he put it in gear...in only would go in reverse. So I laughed. Hard. Super hard actually. Stuff like that is funny. to me. tears laughter. I love it. Especially when I began to "try and troubleshoot" with him...I could see his frustration. More like..."This isn't the way I planned this". So I sat quiet. Reading my Facebook wishes from friends and family...We eventually got the thing in one gear. Cheered as we headed off. Found a beach. Sat there...laughed, talked and soaked up the sun.

After having dinner at Captain Jacks and loving every last drip of butter on my crab legs...we headed home. In one gear. Hugging to stay warm. I told him I was thankful for the day. I loved every minute together. We really enjoy our time alone. We did find (we think) the perfect granite and backsplash (which I believe is so over rated, and really don't like to pick stuff out like that, I prefer to decorate after the fact) Our kitchen will also have a built in Expresso Machine...NOW that's what excites me! It's coming together. Finally. Fast. Really fast. And after waiting for almost 6 years. IT'S ALL HAPPENING!

I arrived home last night with a decorated front porch thanks to Miss. Kali and Tori. A huge basket full of stuff from her/them. Everything they put in and picked out was so thoughtful. And sooo me. I came to work this morning to find cards on my desk and THEE most amazingly yummy cake. I love my family. I love my work family. I love life. Happy Birthday to me. It was good.

Were you all expecting a post of a huge diamond ring dangling from my finger? hahahaa.
Or Bill and I jet setting off in a plane to Hawaii? One day. One day.

Someday.

Cheers! Booya!

Lisa. One very appreciative girl in the world.

No comments: