Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finally.

So I arrive home from work yesterday after kind of (no totally) driving like a maniac..yes with my daughter in the car. and she told me so. because I was late for a hair appointment. Priorities. Come on. who doesn't? kidding. I check my mailbox. Because I love to check for birthday cards. Always have. Don't know what it is about cards. I love love them. Anyyyywaayyyy. There's the one card I always look for. From my parents. It's always a little funny, because sometimes there are just plain funny things about them. Just funny. And of course my Mom can never go without ALWAYS sending those singing cards. Most funny, is when she signs off, Love, Mike & Pam. Don't know why, just seems funny. And I guess a bit sad. To me.

ok. i open my card. It reads this. I have never ever heard my Mom state anything so amazing and heartfelt to me. ever. Yes. not to open the dysfunction can. but it's true. never. ok. close the truth dysfunction can. bam.

It reads: (and I have to somehow read and type as it's singing "Word up" by Larry Blackman. Total 80's dance song)

Lisa, Another year of experiences of life. Your strength keeps me going. And your perfect face puts a smile on my face. You are so self confident and everyone loves you. You have a personality that everyone loves and a face to match. Keep up the great work! We love you always. P.S. When you were little, you were the easiest baby to raise. So happy and always so helpful to everyone. Love Mom and Dad.

SHE WROTE THIS!

yes. 42. Finally being told I am what I have always tried to be for THEM. A good girl.

Happy Birthday to me. Happy words always melt me. SHE/THEY will never know what this card that is singing "word up" means to me.

I took this day off. Was asked by my partner in crime to spend it doing something special together. Couldn't ask for a more pretty day. High's in the 80's today. Sunshine and blooming flowers have always been my perfect recipe.

I have received cute messages this morning from friends and family. They mean more than most may know.

Muah! Biirrrfffday girl word up playas.

Me. Lisa Lynn Trabue-Stahl

No comments: